Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

casserly building another winner????????

bsmsss

the 2002 quarterbacks class is beginning to look a bit like the overhyped wide receiver class of 2001:

anyone remember all those #1 picks at WR?

David Terrell, Koren Robinson, Rod Gardner, etc...

Who has done anything of note in the NFL?

Chad Johnson! And, of course, Santana Moss will continue his breakout from two years ago.

the 2002 quarterbacks class is beginning to look a bit like the overhyped wide receiver class of 2001:

*cough* Chris Chambers, Chad Johnson, Santana Moss, Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, TJ Housh in 7th round

Chad you got :D

I was talking about first round, high profilers so most of those others dont' fit.

It is interesting to see those high #1 picks still circulating in the NFL despite having off the field and on the field problems.

Teams still look at where guys were taken in the draft YEARS later even when not producing.

Chad you got :D

I was talking about first round, high profilers so most of those others dont' fit.

It is interesting to see those high #1 picks still circulating in the NFL despite having off the field and on the field problems.

Teams still look at where guys were taken in the draft YEARS later even when not producing.

Yeah, I knew what you meant, though I'd remind you that the guys from that year were rated pretty close, despite the difference in position. Chad was considered 'less-known' but very gifted and a hard worker. Chris Chambers had AMAZING athletic ability(jumping, speed, etc) and was a former RB but seemed to suffer from dropsies. Wayne was a gifted but non-burner receiver and Santana? Small but good leaper, durability and size a concern.

But yeah, teams will give guys chances over and over because of the draft position and one reason is that the guys drafted early typically had some kind of athletic gift that is still compelling, even if production hasn't been there.

santana moss looks like he was worth his first rounder.

I don't think Carr is the problem. He's going to be VERY good! Casserly is probably the problem. He stunk here too.

I agree with the David Carr part - If he were on a team with a coaching staff like Gibbs, Belicheck, Parcells, Vermeil, he would be one of the more efficient QB's in the league. - It doesn't look like the style of offense he's running suits his strengths.

Archived