Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My new season prediction with Brunell at helm

footballhenry

If Brunell truly is the QB for this season now then I seriously think that we will lose 2-3 more games then we would if Ramsey had been QB. I predicted 10-6 with Ramsey as QB, with potential to be even better. With Brunell well probably go 8-8, with potential to be even worse. The way the man played last year was horrid. And sorry but Brunell doing 'good' against second stringers in preseason doesnt exactly win me over like alot of you guys. Brunell is one of my most disliked players in the NFL. Not because he just sucked last year, though that alone could do it for most, but because he does not seem like a team player to me. He played bad last year, beyond bad through 9 games and not once did he try to do what was best for the team and let PR go in there. Now I know that its a coaching decision as to who plays but Brunell was hurt yet he always acted as if he was playing fine. I dont ever remember him being accountable. Until the man proves me wrong, at the very least with avg QB play, then I just dont see it. Sorry but I dont see a playoff team with old man at the helm, I really truly dont. Im honestly not as excited with him as QB. Why? Because I always expect the worst, I dont expect anything out of the offense when Brunell is QB. At least with Ramsey in there the big play is possible. Its sad that Gibbs has changed QB's so sudden in the season. I hope Im wrong but well see.

If Brunell truly is the QB for this season now then I seriously think that we will lose 2-3 more games then we would if Ramsey had been QB. I predicted 10-6 with Ramsey as QB, with potential to be even better. With Brunell well probably go 8-8, with potential to be even worse. The way the man played last year was horrid. And sorry but Brunell doing 'good' against second stringers in preseason doesnt exactly win me over like alot of you guys. Brunell is one of my most disliked players in the NFL. Not because he just sucked last year, though that alone could do it for most, but because he does not seem like a team player to me. He played bad last year, beyond bad through 9 games and not once did he try to do what was best for the team and let PR go in there. Now I know that its a coaching decision as to who plays but Brunell was hurt yet he always acted as if he was playing fine. I dont ever remember him being accountable. Until the man proves me wrong, at the very least with avg QB play, then I just dont see it. Sorry but I dont see a playoff team with old man at the helm, I really truly dont. Im honestly not as excited with him as QB. Why? Because I always expect the worst, I dont expect anything out of the offense when Brunell is QB. At least with Ramsey in there the big play is possible. Its sad that Gibbs has changed QB's so sudden in the season. I hope Im wrong but well see.

So Ramseys inability to put touch on the ball and horrible pocket awareness are good for two more victories? :rolleyes:

How about the other 21 players having a say. How about Portis controlling the O and the defense strangling other offenses. Way too much is being put into this QB situation. Newsflash: Ramsey is no where near as good as people seem to think.

So Ramseys inability to put touch on the ball and horrible pocket awareness are good for two more victories? :rolleyes:

How about the other 21 players having a say. How about Portis controlling the O and the defense strangling other offenses. Way too much is being put into this QB situation. Newsflash: Ramsey is no where near as good as people seem to think.

:doh: Thanks Livestrong....you beat me to it!

Ya gotta have faith, footballhenry, ya gotta have faith! Gibbs knows what he's doing.......HTTR!!

Do we even have to go back and analyze Brunells QB performances? I mean seriously, do you forget how Ramsey played in MEANINGFUL games last year? Give me a freaking break here....

I have been truly amazed this week. The Skins have a head coach, who by almost all accounts is one of the better offensive minds of the last quarter century, who saw a reason for a QB change. This coach, and all his assistants, have spent the better part of the last 20 months watching the team practice and/or the film of the team. How can any of us fans doubt his decision?

My first post!

I say give it a rest already.

Sure Brunell looked putrid last year, but there's no reason he can't still play the game as good as most any other QB in the league.

I'm a die hard Skins fan stuck in the Titan-hell of Middle Tennessee and other than the game here a couple of years ago Patrick Ramsey has shown me nothing to indicate he can be a great starting QB. Maybe somewhere else he can succeed, but behind center in burgundy and gold he has always looked lost and extremely erratic to me. Every time he'd drop back to pass I'd have to hold my breath and cringe at what was likely to happen (pick!)

Brunell isn't all that, but maybe instead of doomsaying, we should cross our fingers that he'll step up to the challenge this time and bring this team back to the former glory it so richly deserves?

Just my .02, for whatever that's worth.

DC

My first post!

I say give it a rest already.

Sure Brunell looked putrid last year, but there's no reason he can't still play the game as good as most any other QB in the league.

I'm a die hard Skins fan stuck in the Titan-hell of Middle Tennessee and other than the game here a couple of years ago Patrick Ramsey has shown me nothing to indicate he can be a great starting QB. Maybe somewhere else he can succeed, but behind center in burgundy and gold he has always looked lost and extremely erratic to me. Every time he'd drop back to pass I'd have to hold my breath and cringe at what was likely to happen (pick!)

Brunell isn't all that, but maybe instead of doomsaying, we should cross our fingers that he'll step up to the challenge this time and bring this team back to the former glory it so richly deserves?

Just my .02, for whatever that's worth.

DC

Nice first post. :welcome:

10-6 with Ramsey? I saw a stat on Comcast last night that showed Ramsey had twice the ints as Brunell in about the same amount of games since the start of last season.

I had ZERO confidence going into Dallas with Ramsey at the helm because if the play doesn't develop exactly as its drawn up he has no idea what to do...Its as simple as that. We opened things up slightly more AFTER Ramsey went in. Lets give Brunell a chance with a a hopefully more open offense before writing him off.

Unquestionably to all though is that Brunell looked better this preason then he did last. (Yes, even when he went against backups last preseason)...Can any1 argue that?

I was very mad when the switch first happened as well. BUT, reading alot of the posts on this board has changed my mind.

Think about it, as far as Ramseys' play, what is different now than when he was under Spurrier? He's getting hit less, but he's still making bad throws/decisions. Yes he has his moments where he looks like the QB we all thought he would be. But then he follows it up with a pic, or a sack and fumble from holding the ball too long.

I think Ramsey would have inproved greatly if he would have been given the starting job for this whole year. BUT, i don't think anyone wants to see another losing season. Which, as much as he can be a big play QB, throw it 60yds downfield for the touchdown, he still makes many mistakes, rookie mistakes, which would lead us to another losing season.

Brunnell maybe be older, the game may be a little less fun to watch while he's in, but the bottom line is that he makes better decisions. Brunnell (hopefully) sucked last year because of injuries. He's healthy now. We all know he was a very good QB with the Jags. Hopefully he has some of that left.

Now, if we get another 70yard performance out of him, I will be changin my mind real quick. But at least give him the shot.

Everyone loves to throw their .02 in on this subject, but how can we judge anything yet. Give Brunell a chance where the game plan is built on his strengths, not Ramsey's. We have no idea how he will do with the first teamers in this scenario until Monday night.

IF you want my two cents

Ramsey- Strengths.....strong arm, tough

Weaknesses...tendecy for turning the ball over, pocket awareness

Brunell- Strengths.....been there, pocket awareness, more mobile

Weaknesses....arm (of course, looked good in preseason), recent history

In all those strengths and weakness....turning it over means the most to me...and in 3 drives, Ramsey either did or gave the Bears a chance to get the ball every time...3 drives..1 pick, 2 fumbles

I have been truly amazed this week. The Skins have a head coach, who by almost all accounts is one of the better offensive minds of the last quarter century, who saw a reason for a QB change. This coach, and all his assistants, have spent the better part of the last 20 months watching the team practice and/or the film of the team. How can any of us fans doubt his decision?

Two words: LAST SEASON.

You want me to trust Gibbs? When he came on last year, he said that the past doesn't earn him anything and that he's got to prove himself all over again. I agree.

To be honest, I love the attitude he brought here, I love the team unity, and I love the team he's built. But his handling of the Quarterback situation from day 1 has raised some serious questions. I'm trying to keep an open mind on Brunell, but frankly, based on the evidence, I'm not optimistic that Gibbs' judgement on this is any better than last year when he refused to pull Brunell until the season was pretty much a lost cause anyway.

My prediction stands at 8-8. I don't think Brunell is much of an improvement over Ramsey but he's still a better Brunell than we saw last year. We were more likely to get the big play with Ramsey but we were more likely to get turnovers too. Perhaps Brunell can play the roll Trent Dilfer played for the Ravens when they won it all. Play well enough to not lose. Anything else is a HUGE plus.

We opened things up slightly more AFTER Ramsey went in. Lets give Brunell a chance with a hopefully more open offense before writing him off.

Opened it up more with Brunell??? Wow, and people accuse Ramsey supporters of blind faith.... 105 yds passing from Ramsey, and only 70 from Brunell in the remaining nearly 3 quarters. Where do you get these ideas from? About the only thing that opened up was the running game, and Portis attributed that to starting the game with a bad scheme. Please at least try to be objective.

:doh:

Unquestionably to all though is that Brunell looked better this preason then he did last. (Yes, even when he went against backups last preseason)...Can any1 argue that?

Not going to waste time arguing something that is irrelevant.

THis is sickening. How can a QB that throws for 105 yds and a td that got called back, lose his job by getting chopped in the neck illegally? Did you look at crazy-zebs highlight reel? Ramsey looked like a new man in there at QB. Everyone says turnovers? DID YOU LOOK AT BRUNELLS HISTORY AS A REDSKIN? 7tds and 6int's including 2 fumbles (1 in which was ran back by ed reed that cost us the ravens game). He also threw a int in the bears game that was called back because of a pass int. Take your blockers off. Last year around this time you were crying for Ramsey to get a chance, now you people want BooNell. A bunch of f'n hypocrits. Ramsey's first game with this new "vertical" offense and now we crucify. Damn circus show at quarterback every year, and you people wonder why we can't win. Gibb's is the "savior"....no he isn't, he's just a good coach that brought some discipline here. He hasn't proved anything in his return. Needless to say we better win in Dallas, or his a$$ will be on the hot seat!

Is anyone shocked that I'm not kissing "coach Joe's" a$$? Well guess what, I have a mind of my own.

....monday...monday...monday....

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

THis is sickening. How can a QB that throws for 105 yds and a td that got called back, lose his job by getting chopped in the neck illegally? Did you look at crazy-zebs highlight reel? Ramsey looked like a new man in there at QB. Everyone says turnovers? DID YOU LOOK AT BRUNELLS HISTORY AS A REDSKIN? 7tds and 6int's including 2 fumbles (1 in which was ran back by ed reed that cost us the ravens game). He also threw a int in the bears game that was called back because of a pass int. Take your blockers off. Last year around this time you were crying for Ramsey to get a chance, now you people want BooNell. A bunch of f'n hypocrits. Ramsey's first game with this new "vertical" offense and now we crucify. Damn circus show at quarterback every year, and you people wonder why we can't win. Gibb's is the "savior"....no he isn't, he's just a good coach that brought some discipline here. He hasn't proved anything in his return. Needless to say we better win in Dallas, or his a$$ will be on the hot seat!

Is anyone shocked that I'm not kissing "coach Joe's" a$$? Well guess what, I have a mind of my own.

....monday...monday...monday....

Pretty intense post. I have to say I mostly agree with it...

Archived