Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And what if Brunnell............

318 SKIN

I'd think Gibbs would go back to Ramsey unless we lose five or six straight making Campbell a choice for the future. If we're competitive at all but Brunell can't get it going then Ramsey's the choice. One would hope that Ramsey would respond to it better than he's responded to past challenges.

i have a bet with a coworker, that brunell wont throw for more than 100 yards on monday night....

Brunell threw for over 300 yards against Dallas a year ago though it was an ugly 300. I don't know how he'll look. I do know if he's anything like he was in the preseason, we're going to be very good. If he's anything like he was last year, we're going to get slaughtered.

i have a bet with a coworker, that brunell wont throw for more than 100 yards on monday night....

You should have bet him that he wont throw for 100 yards over the next two weeks!

I think you'll lose the bet though. We will probably be playing from behind so Brunnell will have to try and throw a lot. 150 yards should be a little closer to the over/under.

It doesn't really matter. If Brunell falls flat, its a sharp downward spiral from here. Thats why this move baffles me so much. Gibbs has burned the bridges and cut the saftey lines.

The risk to Gibbs' legacy is also much greater with Brunell at this point than with Ramsey. If we don't do well this year with Ramsey, it was his fault, we cut our ties and move on. If the skins have a horrible year now with this situation with Brunell, Gibbs will be directly blamed for years to come for not being able to get over his love affair with a QB who is well past his prime. The stakes for Gibbs are huge with this.

:(

What I'd like to know is if Gibbs is being courageous and will simply change QBs when it makes sense to?

If he's going to Brunell now, how long does Brunell get to go and look horrid? IF he is merely adequate, does that extend his time? What if we win but he goes 5-16 for 60 yards?

Honestly, I don't think under 100 yards is tolerable except maybe ONCE in a year UNLESS the D and spec teams just annihilate the opposition. 3 point victories do not count.

Like Tarkin said to Vader, "This had better work." Cuz I don't see GIbbs doing the SPurrier with his QB spot. Which is too bad because if Brunell looks bad, GIbbs is only going to look like more of a hypocrite to....everyone.

Archived