Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Concerns with play calling / QB choice

rdsknsfan4life

Then what happened yesterday? With Ramsey in the game we're making first downs with strikes to our recievers. With Brunell we're just running the ball and throwing wr screens. You make the choice, which would you rather have?

It's either the playcalling or a lack of confidence in Brunell. I do recall that we ran a rollout to the right with Brunell in there so I think there was some confusion as to what to run.

I'm sorry but daring to point out the obvious, that we are seeing the same crap we saw last year, is far from being hysterical. In fact all I'm saying is that I want my team to do exactly what it did in the 1st Qtr, throw the damn ball and play like you got a pair.

oh really?..you saw poor field/clock mgt..poison recievers..and lousy

blocking?..sure you weren't watching green bay?..or the Jets?

Thank God throughout all of these discussions on the board this morning, we do not want to hand any credit to the Bears defense. :nono:

Excellent point.

However, I also have to agree with Destino and Gamebreaker here. Sure, we won this game, but to be completely honest we basically just "didn't lose it." Their offense was putrid, and had no chance against our defense. We'll find out as soon as the Dallas game that as good as our defense is, it will allow more than 10 points sometimes. And in those cases, playing safe football will not be enough to win. Eventually you have to take your shots, you have to at least hit some passes at the intermediate level, and you have to make some big plays. I just don't see that happening with Brunell in there.

One point that I don't feel has been emphasized enough is that Ramsey converted at least two 3rd and longs that I can remember; I think that might equal our entire total of converted 3rd and longs from last season. Ramsey has the ability to make plays, while Brunell simply has the ability to avoid making bad plays. As good as our defense and running game are, that won't enough for this team. It's really not enough for any team, except for some very rare examples (2000 Ravens).

Archived