Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Groom wins Punting Job

Rat_Boy

what is such the big deal about this punter havnt watched many games yet is he realy that good?

Did ya watch any games last year? I think we averaged 10 punts a game! We had one of the best punters in the league and still got our butts kicked in field position. Groom will be VERY important with a good defensive and inconsistant offensive team, like ours.

the redskins were smart to bring in a promising young player at a position where the incumbent, Tupa, is talented but also 39 years old :)

you have to give the front office credit on this one.

for everyone that complains that the team blew it's #6 pick on Jared Newberry, you have to count Groom as a real find for the team.

Actually Bulldog I think we just got lucky with the timing of Tupa's injury. Given Gibbs' penchant for veterans I suspect that we'd have been screwed on this deal if Tupa had hurt his back a month or so later. I'm chalking it up to dumb luck on our part. Hopefully our luck continues to be as good for the rest of the season.

I'm looking for Groom to be our punter for the next 10 years.:thumbsup:

Solid @ punter? whats next..improved FG/PK holder?

haha

Considering how important a good punter is during the course of a game, yes, it's very important. Considering how good our defesnse is, there's a huge difference between a team starting at the 30 and one starting at the 10.

Archived