Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hey Van Halen fans, don't expect that new album anytime soon.

Commander PK

This stinks. I was really looking forward to getting a new studio album from these guys in the near future, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon. The soap opera continues :doh1:

http://www.therockradio.com/2005/07/sammy-hagar-van-halen-is-miserable.html

Sammy Hagar: "Van Halen is miserable"

After spending most of 2004 back with Van Halen, Sammy Hagar says he's in no hurry to do it again. The group did tour North America and record three new songs for a greatest hits album, but Hagar told us that what he once called a "continuation" has reached its conclusion - and he puts the blame solely on guitarist Edward Van Halen:

"I don't get along with Eddie anymore, and that's all there is to it. I think the whole world knows that he's changed. And I don't know what his problem is, but he's miserable and he likes to make everyone around him miserable. And I'm the happiest guy on the planet, and anybody who makes me miserable I don't want to be around. And so, that's a simple way to put it." Hagar did not completely rule out the possibility of working with Van Halen again, however: "Maybe he'll change, you know. He used to be a great guy. He used to be a fun guy and wasn't miserable. You know, I mean, he went through the cancer thing and all that, but he should be grateful and not miserable. That's the way I look at it. Maybe he'll change. If he changes, we can do it again."

Hagar resumed touring as a solo act this year. His The Tequila Made Me Do It tour, during which he'll play with both Montrose and his own band, the Waboritas, begins August 6th in Clarkston, Michigan. He also operates another group, Los Tres Guzanos, which features bassist Michael Anthony.

It was one year ago today (July 20th, 2004) that the Van Halen greatest-hits album The Best Of Both Worlds came out. It featured three new songs - "It's About Time," "Up For Breakfast," and "Learning To See."

The Rock Radio online

Found some more revealing tidbits. I didn't know that the last show ended that way.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/cgi-bin/news/newsbrief.plx?id=2241518268&fa=1Sammy Hagar Talks About Van Halen Falling Apart Again

July 7, 2005 1:05 p.m. EST

Douglas Maher - All Headline News Staff Reporter

Los Angeles, CA (AHN) - Red Rocker Sammy Hagar spoke to "Metal Express Radio" recently and had a few choice words about the Van Halen tour of 2004 which saw the band reunite for the first time in 8 years with Hagar.

He says, "We tried to do an album. We only got three songs done. It took four months to do three songs. So I was saying, 'Let's go out and play for the people before this whole thing ends. Because if you remember right, they tried to do an album with Gary Cherone for the second record and that didn't finish and then they tried to do a record with David Lee Roth three times, and they never got it done."

The three completed songs eventually wound up on the 2-disc set "Best of Both Worlds", which was certified platinum late last year.

Haggar adds, "As a person who wanted to go out and play for the people, I said, 'Let's stop recording, and let's go out on the road while we still can.' And I think it was a smart move. The management was into that as well. We had shows on sale. We pretty much had to go out and do some shows. That's why we only did three songs."

The ending of the 80-date tour was filled with an intoxicated Eddie Van Halen breaking his guitar as portions flew into the crowd and going on what appeared to be a rage of sorts alarming concert goers. Van Halen had recently beat cancer of the tongue as well as hip replacement surgery and gone through a divorce from wife of 20 years, Valerie Bertinelli. sources say he had hit an emotional lowpoint in his life, smoking cigarettes and drank throughout the tour.

Haggar says, "The last show with Van Halen was a disaster, it was a horrible experience. We had to be pushed off the stage separately, and me taking this way, and Eddie taking this way, and Alex and Michael down the middle, because we were ready to go to blows, it was that bad. So that was horrible. The rest of the tour wasn't that bad. But at the end… I don't know. Something got crazy."

The three new songs on the greatest hits album SUCKED and you want more???? I am a long time Van Halen fan and Hagar fan..but enough is enough...

I didn't think they were that bad. I wouldn't put them up there as classics. There did seem to be some inspiration missing though. I don't know, maybe they are really done. It's a shame it's ended this way if it is done. Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Nope, she left him because he started drinking again, among other things. She said she "can't be with somebody who won't help themselves." or something to that effect. Apparently, that's a big part of his problem right now.

What a dumb arse. I dunno what she looks like now but she use to be fine. Sry, but I would pick some furburger over drinking any day of the week.

Archived