Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peerless Price to Iggles?

trez

Its an official rumor, if there is such a thing:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scorecard/08/31/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Newly released receivers Peter Warrick and Peerless Price could prove tempting to the Eagles. No one from the Eagles was available for comment on the two receivers yesterday. Warrick's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, did not return a phone call last night. Timothy McGee, the agent for Price, said he was in the process of contacting the Eagles last night.

-- Philadelphia Inquirer

EMB and Digest editor Dave Spadero stated on the site....

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.php?showtopic=279176

""You know I can't get into specifics. The Eagles are exploring options and doing their homework. This is a critical time. You have a chance to pick from some pretty good players if you are interested. So .. look ... I probably won't be on the boards very much the rest of the next two days. Understand this: If the Eagles were to sign somebody today or Thursday, they'd have to cut somebody before the game. I don't know if that will happen. Maybe agree to terms, but not sign... Who knows? Big swirl of activity here. Fun stuff"

The sight is going wild over the possiblity that McCants stats have "appeared" as part of the Eagles Website. But only partially. With regards to Price, he actually contacted the Eagles HIMSELF last night. He is a bit upset that not many teams contacted him personally, but it is weird that he reached out to Philly first.

EMB and Digest editor Dave Spadero stated on the site....

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.php?showtopic=279176

""You know I can't get into specifics. The Eagles are exploring options and doing their homework. This is a critical time. You have a chance to pick from some pretty good players if you are interested. So .. look ... I probably won't be on the boards very much the rest of the next two days. Understand this: If the Eagles were to sign somebody today or Thursday, they'd have to cut somebody before the game. I don't know if that will happen. Maybe agree to terms, but not sign... Who knows? Big swirl of activity here. Fun stuff"

The sight is going wild over the possiblity that McCants stats have "appeared" as part of the Eagles Website. But only partially. With regards to Price, he actually contacted the Eagles HIMSELF last night. He is a bit upset that not many teams contacted him personally, but it is weird that he reached out to Philly first.

Why is it weird? You guys have an obvious need at wr.

Why lose sleep over Price? He couldn't get open by all credible accounts in Atlanta, and he's got a degenerative eye condition that has people questioning his sight.

As a #2 WR behind Owens Price is VERY dangerous.

People tend to forget how dangerous he was in Buffalo playing behind Moulds, who isn't even close to the player T.O is.

look in the "around the NFL" section, Warrick I think signed or was pretty close to. Number5, I like your sig! Anyways, Price could easily want to play for the Eagles, they have a pass happy offense that works better, and they win games. I dont find it surprising most other teams have not contacted Price cause well, he only has one good season to his name.

Archived