Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steeler Fans Presence At FedEx last Night

HOF44

When I was watching warm-ups at the game and Pit came out and there fans started waving the towels and making noise I was thinking here we go. But to tell you the truth once the game started our D just took the wind right out of there sails. Couldn't even hear them making noise. And there were alot of Pit fans at the game.

Another thing not only were there alot of thier fans there but alot had very good lower level seats.

I think think this play into the fact that when we start playing well FedEx will be a great home field advantage.

HOF44

Bob

I am of the opinion that we simply must start winning games before we can get the opposition fans to STFU.

What comes first, the chicken or the egg.....

What comes first, the homefield advantage or the winning tradition.

Winning will make everyone think it is the mid eighties again.

Before the start of last night's game I honestly thought I was at Heinz Field, with all the yellow towels waving. But there are a lot of Steeler fans in the area, so I expected a large Pitt contingent. However, they didn't have a lot to cheer about last night.

Good performance in the early part of the season is the thing that's going to mainly going to keep sales of tickets to opposing teams down. The home Eagles game is at about the midway point this year so hopefully the number of Eagles fans at FedEx will be lower. Lets hope that the Skins are strong enough throughout the season to keep the sales of tix to Cowboy fans for the December matchup to a minimum.

This is the downside of having a huge stadium. There are more seats game to game than there is demand by Redskins fans to attend, so you're going to get fans of other teams there. That's especially true where we're located given the proximity to many other teams, including the Steelers, Eagles, Giants and Jets. Also, the D.C. area has a lot of transplants who moved there for work.

On the upside, the stadium generates huge revenue too, but frankly I think we've reached a point of negative returns on that.

Archived