Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Dawn of a New Era

GatorEye

isn't the third or fourth year in a row that we have heard this Motto. Again, I am not sure if SS will succeed or not, but lets wait until he does before declaring anything....there is a lot of question marks for this team.

The difference compared to the previous years is that we dont have a wuss (what we do works) and a d1ckhead (frankly,D Greer can challenged D Green for his spot).

There appears to be an universal love of this coaching staff (among skinsfans) and the optimism outweighs the cynicism for once.

I fell in love with Marty last year and his authoratarian attitude. I thought it would eliminate the dumb penalties and the lax attitude that we saw during Norv's tenure. I thought we were going places with him.

Norv was like a poorly made rare steak, Marty was charred he was so well done, and Steve is nice and juicy. I hope that doesn't sound like I think it does.

Spurrier is a strong leader (which Norv wasn't) but one that can relate to his players (which Marty couldn't).

that in itself makes the Redskins a better team before the first scrimmage is held and the first football is thrown.

in today's parity driven league a solid coach and staff can make the difference between 6-10 and 10-6.

the really good coaches like Walsh, Gibbs and Parcells could get just about any team to .500 and took no longer than 2 or 3 years to get their organizations back on the NFL map after taking over :)

I wouldn't compare the excitement of hiring Marty to hiring SOS. I wasn't on this board last year at this time, but I can't imagine anyone being as excited about Marty as they are about SOS. Maybe I'm just OVERLY excited because I'm a homer, but I believe in my heart SOS is going to lead us back to where we ought to be.

I'm so excited I can't stand it!!!! :cool:

Archived