Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I like our chances

moneyede

This is my first post, hello to everyone.

Remember we are playing without our BEST offensive player and biggest threat Clinton Portis. With this O-line he will turn alot of Betts' 5-7 yard runs into 15-20 yarders. Having him will also bring safeties up into the box. So even if Pat is not accurate on the deep pass, alot more of the passes will go incomplete instead of intercepted.

Remember in the regular season we run first. In these games we are passing alot to fine tune ourselves. Don't get too out of control.

Originally posted by richard saunders

Money, welcome and good post!

Though I'd have to take a different turn on the Betts/Portis situation.

Am I the only one out there not worried if Portis were to get injured? Sure I'd rather see Portis out there running the ball, but I don't think we drop off that much more OVERALL with Betts in there.

No, you're not the only one. We have a lot of depth in the running dept. If Portis gets hurt, we have plenty of running talent to back him up until he gets back. I think Rock has really stepped up his game lately, as one example.

I am not worried because of the talent level of Betts. What worries me is the perception defenses have. If Portis is out, then our running game garners no respect and our passing game becomes stiffled because of the abundance of defenders.

I just think with Portis in there we are a completely different team because of the way defenses play us, not because Betts is not serviceable.

Originally posted by moneyede

I am not worried because of the talent level of Betts. What worries me is the perception defenses have. If Portis is out, then our running game garners no respect and our passing game becomes stiffled because of the abundance of defenders.

I just think with Portis in there we are a completely different team because of the way defenses play us, not because Betts is not serviceable.

True.

But if defenders are dropping back because they no longer fear the run, it works to our advantage anyway. It gives Betts the opportunity to create more.

If there is any drop-off between the two, then the field is somewhat leveled if there are fewer defenders in the box.

Archived