Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Metro

skinsfanevan

Hey im taking the metro to the game tmr night. This is my first time ever going by metro. If you've ever done it, what is the best way to go? I know theres a stop that has a shuttle, but does this shuttle also run after the games and is it reliable, or should i get off at the station where you walka mile to the stadium? If you've ever done it please let me know, im a bit worried

I never took the metro, but when I drove out with friends we usually parked at the Landover station and took the shuttle from there. I would imagine that this is the same stop you would get off on when you take the metro.

Shuttle transportation before and after the game is reliable but can get crowded depending on when you leave.

I get on the blue line at Springfield, hop on Yellow at Pentagon, go across the river, hop on blue again at L'Enfant and get of at Morgan Blvd and just walk the 1/2 mile....Saves me from paying those outrageous Redskin Metro parking prices that they are doing now. 25 bucks or a short walk.....i'll take the exercise thanks...

P.S. :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

This is the link from Redskins.com http://www.redskins.com/fedexfield/directions.jsp

Scroll down and it tells you which Metro stations the shuttle buses run from.

The shuttle buses are very convenient. They start running an hour or two before the game so don't get there too early.

After the game, go back to where you got off the bus. They run to different Metro stations so be careful about which bus you get on.

Enjoy the game. :logo:

Did I eat a brain tumor for breakfast or something?

I thought FOR SURE that the Landover shuttles were no longer running because the Metro stop at FedEx was now open. Why would anyone still get off at the Landover stop when there's a Metro station a block from the Stadium?

I'm not sure about shuttles from other stops, but I really could have sworn that the Landover shuttles were being discontinued due to the more convenient station opening.

Has this changed? Anyone know for sure?

Originally posted by McMetal

Did I eat a brain tumor for breakfast or something?

I thought FOR SURE that the Landover shuttles were no longer running because the Metro stop at FedEx was now open. Why would anyone still get off at the Landover stop when there's a Metro station a block from the Stadium?

I'm not sure about shuttles from other stops, but I really could have sworn that the Landover shuttles were being discontinued due to the more convenient station opening.

Has this changed? Anyone know for sure?

Here is the info:

Public Transportation Schedule

Want to avoid the hassle of driving? Then hop on the Metro. Just take the Orange Line to the Landover Metro station or the Blue Line to the Morgan Boulevard Metro Station or the Addison Road Metro station. The Morgan Boulevard Station is located on Garrett Morgan Boulevard and is within 1-mile walking distance to FedExField. From the Landover Metro station and the Addison Road Station, you can take a shuttle bus directly to FedExField. Buses travel to and from the stadium approximately every 15 minutes. During regular season games, buses begin their service two hours before game time and the last bus after the game departs Lot B2 two hours following the game. For Monday night games, the shuttle service runs from 5 p.m. until approximately 1 a.m. A roundtrip bus fare costs $5.00; however, this price is subject to change without notice.

Below is from www.wmata.com. Looks like the Morgan Blvd stop is the way to go:

Metrorail Service to FedEx Field

One option fans have this season is direct Metrorail service to FedEx Field. The Morgan Boulevard Metrorail station on the Blue Line is the closest station to FedEx Field. The station is nine-tenths of a mile from the stadium and a new walkway offers direct access to the stadium. The Largo Town Center Metrorail station, also on the Blue Line, is one mile away from the stadium.

The Morgan Boulevard and Largo Town Center Metrorail stations opened last December, and Metro anticipates a higher volume of Metrorail ridership at these stations on game days

Below is also from www.wmata.com. Looks like it won't be any cheaper than getting a parking pass from Ebay:

Non-Metrorail riders who park their cars at the Morgan Boulevard and Largo Town Center Metrorail stations on the Blue Line to attend special designated events at FedEx Field will pay $25, effective Friday, August 19, for the first Washington Redskins exhibition football game of the season.

Metro patrons who park and then ride Metrorail will only pay the regular parking fee of $3.50 during the week and nothing on the weekends if they use a SmarTrip card to travel on the rails and then use the same card to pay to park.

All parkers must use a SmarTrip card. The card allows Metro to charge rail customers the regular $3.50 parking rate on weekdays and nothing on weekends and non-Metrorail riders a $25 premium parking fee at Morgan Boulevard and the Largo Town Center parking facilities.

I've done both Landover and Morgan Blvd.

I used to go to Landover and take the shuttle. It is reliable, I've never had a problem where there wasn't a bus going home and I stay in my seat at the stadium until the clock says 0:00.

There is quite a crush of people trying to get on the buses on the way back, but eventually you'll get on one, even when the game is close and everyone stays until the end.

I now transfer to the blue line and walk from Morgan Blvd. I didn't have any problems or issues with it at all last year.

Originally posted by McMetal

Thanks for the info guys!

So where is the best place to transfer from the Orange Line (Landover) to the Blue Line (Morgan Blvd) - Metro Station?

I usually get on the Orange Line at Falls Church.

I transfer the first chance I get, at Rosslyn. The longer you wait, the more crowded the train you're going to will be.

Archived