Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Red Zone Report

RiggoRanger

Just got done watching the Redzone Report, a Redskin/NFL show on D.C. local channel 8, with Mark Moseley and Mark May. Moseley has been at most of the mini-camps so far, and he said that he is very impressed with the way the team is looking, especially with our WR's and the QB's. He said that the team seems like it's in synch, at least as much as it can be at this early date. He says that from what he's seen, the Skins are a play-off contender. :cool:

Next, Mark May, who is ALWAYS pessimistic about the Skins, said that we'll be lucky to win 6 or 7 games this season. He feels that with the uncertainty on offense, the rookie coaching staff (13 of the 17 coaches are first year NFL coaches), and the schedule we face that this will be a down year. Of course, May has not been to Redskins Park at all this year and is going by what he has read in the media instead of personal knowledge, but he does make some valid points. :doh:

BTW, in case anybody is wondering, Moseley said that Sage, out of all the QB's at camp, has looked the best. He feels that Rosenfels has the most talent of the 4 and could be the starter this year. :D

I think that May knows football as well as the next ex-player and is very articulate. He just doesn't like the Redskins. He holds a grudge for being put on the Plan B free agency list in the late '80's and he was toiling away in Arizona and San Diego while the Redskins were making their last Super Bowl run.

the truth is Mark May was a disappointment as a #1 pick. Drafted as a right tackle in 1981, he lost that spot in camp to Joe Jacoby who was placed on the right with George Starke on the left.

May didn't start in the 1983 Super Bowl against Miami contrary to popular belief.

In fact by the time May became a starter at guard for the Redskins there was some consideration that he might be a bust.

If you will remember the Redskins brought in Ken Huff and RC Thielemann to play guard in the mid-1980's and the emergence of Raleigh McKenzie was really the death knell for May.

To give May credit he was a competitor and a nasty trench player from what I remember hearing, but he was not the blue chip cornerstone LT prospect that he was touted to be as the Outland Winner from Pitt.

Originally posted by RiggoRanger

BTW, in case anybody is wondering, Moseley said that Sage, out of all the QB's at camp, has looked the best.

Isn't that the same way Husak looked last year at the minicamps?

I'll believe what I see on the field come game-time.

Well so far there is no ribcage injury to the Spice man, Waffle or matthews for us to worry ourselves over.

The only issue is key injuries ie S Davis and the bookends on the offense.

We are going to be fine because the threat of throwing should open up the lanes for SDavis even though I dont expect to see that in the Japan bowl.

Archived