Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Authentic Jersey's (The Whites...)

SamSneed36

Originally posted by Mark The Homer

I remember that thread, I was the last one to post in it. No conclusions ever came out of it.

What I would like to see is, everybody come to this disturbing yet obvious conclusion:

NFL.com Redskins authentic jerseys are fakes.

Redskins.com authentic jerseys are fakes.

Redskins store authentic jerseys are fakes.

Here's a pic of a true authentic Redskins jersey from my collection. You can't get these at the Redskins Store.

where do you get it? about how much? or do u have to know a player

Originally posted by SamSneed36

where do you get it? about how much? or do u have to know a player

No, I don't know any players. I'm just a regular guy who thinks you get 40,000 miles on a new set of tires.

One place to get current jerseys is www.jimyackel.com. There's a couple jerseys there that are worth considering.

http://www.jimyackel.com/nfl2.htm

If it was me, I'd get a size 46, because that fits me nicely. I'm 154 lbs. BTW, John Riggins wore a 42, so don't be afraid of a 46, even if you're close to 200 lbs. I'd also get at least a 2001 because anything prior to 2001 is screened. 2001 and after is sewn. Sewn looks a lot nicer. 2001, however, is Adidas, and is a slightly different style. The front seam is horizontal, and the shoulder area is nylon, not spandex. 2002 and after is Reebok and is the current exact style being worn on the field today.

I'd definitely get a white jersey. White is a winning Redskins jersey. But that's my opinion.

I'd consider the Jeff George jersey, it's a size 46 and it's $200, which is cheaper than a fake authentic.

I'd consider the #50 Jones jersey too, for the same reasons.

There's a bunch of others, but those two are the ones I'd buy first.

There's also this one for under $100, but it's a 2001:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5226148390

There's another place to get jerseys like this. PM me if you're interested.

Hope this helps.

Gee, and here I'd always assumed that the real jerseys were custom, hand made for the individual player.

I'd thought some would be tighter to prevent opposing players getting a grip, others looser to allow easier movement. I'd expect some to have elastic sleeves, others not. And so forth.

Although, making them mostly out of spandex wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

And I'm with Homer, I don't have any idea why the NFL doesn't sell "game worn" jerseys, maybe after each game. ("What am I bid for the last jersey Darrell (or Deion, for that matter) wore as a Skin"?) (Maybe, for "lesser" players, they'd just sell one a year.)

Archived