Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boy, 8, charged in death

rick301

Is someone going to tell me that that 7-month-old baby did not cry and scream at being kicked and punched??? Of course she did, at least until (if she was) knocked out cold. The boy did not quit then, he escalated his torture and rage.

Anyone can try to spew all the psycho babble they can find at me, but having minored in college in Child Psychology, I can tell you that the 8 year old (unless mentally retarded, which he obviously isn't if they are going to press charges) knew exactly what he was doing. He may not fully understand the complete consequences of his actions, but he knew he was hurting and abusing his baby sister in an outrageous fashion. He used a 2-by-4 AFTER he had already begun beating her, showing that he wanted to cause extreme damage to her. Children who fight do not generally ever use a weapon or foreign object after the conflict has begun. If the conflict BEGINS with a child using a weapon or foreign object, that is different.

I think my outrage at the parents is misunderstood by a few(maybe just Sithlord). So I will repeat...

"Who the hell left a 7 month old alone long enough for that to happen."

and

"I do blame the parents, under no circumstances should a 7 month old be left alone without adult supervision."

That alone has me question the parenting ability in this case and has nothing to do with the mental stability of the other child they raised.

Archived