Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The John Thompson Show on 980

LeesburgSkinFan

I recently started listening. I like Thompson, but if it's not basketball related he has no clue. I know basketball is his realm, but NBA talk in July? Maybe it's just when I have it on. Besides, since Thompson is more associated with NCAA hoops why does he talk about the NBA all the time?

Originally posted by LeesburgSkinFan

I recently started listening. I like Thompson, but if it's not basketball related he has no clue. I know basketball is his realm, but NBA talk in July? Maybe it's just when I have it on. Besides, since Thompson is more associated with NCAA hoops why does he talk about the NBA all the time?

This is a big period in the NBA. It actually is more entertaining to talk about the NBA free agency period than it is to talk about the actual season at times (atleast to the media). Big names changing teams makes for good talk radio. In the last week ive heard him talk for long periods about the redskins, nationals, and capitals.

Originally posted by LeesburgSkinFan

I like Thompson, but if it's not basketball related he has no clue.

That's not true at all. I'd say he knows a lot more than most radio people think they know. I used to love to listen to his show every afternoon when I lived in VA.

On a side note, I met him at McCarran's Airport (Las Vegas) about a month ago. For those who haven't seen him in person, the man is huge. A monster. And a great guy.

Originally posted by RabidFan

How can you not like Joe Da Fan...."lemme axe you somethin'"

It was even better when 980 didn't have a "delay" and JT would sometimes curse on the air...talk about hilarious!

Archived