Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think we have depth

Originally posted by Westbrook36

You missed my point, obviously. Brunell started for the Jags prior to coming to D.C. Does he qualify as a "quality reserve player"?

Players who would start elsewhere now, not back in nineteen clickety click when the forward pass was just a gleem in a young man's eye or when Ray Brown first broke into the league. ;)

Ray Brown started 14 or more games for 11 consecutive years PRIOR to coming to D.C. again. He then started 14 games last year. What suggestion do you have that he's not worthy of consideration as a starter on any team in the league. He wasn't injured. He'd never missed time. He seemed very likely to be a starter anywhere he played. More remarkable is he played tackle for us where he hadn't done that in so long. As a guard he may still be one of the more quality players at the position. He's not even that long removed from one of his multiple Pro Bowl seasons at the guard position.

He'd start elsewhere now, including, probably, in Philly.

As for Brunell, he's an interesting conversation. He certainly is still young enough to be a capable backup in the league, if not more. Yet, he was so horrible last year, it's hard to say what he is at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if Brunell had to come in and play for us and absolutely stunk up the joint for being totally shot as a player. I also wouldn't be surprised if he came in and had another good couple of years as a player.

I think we'll get a chance to know more about where he is this year if Ramsey misses time.

It also has to be remembered that it is up to the coaching staff to get these guys up to speed. The coaching staff should know better than anyone if the guys backing up the starters are ready to be thrown into the fire. While they don't know for sure how one will play in game conditions, they should know if they are ready to be thrown into the fire. Bugel seems to be high on Wilson and Molinaro, which is a good thing.

Jason

Originally posted by Art

He'd start elsewhere now, including, probably, in Philly.

Art, you'd be much more palatable if you wouldn't try to squeeze one ridiculous statement into each conversation, seemingly, only for effect.

But, ok, I'll play ball with you, once again.

Are you honestly.....HONESTLY, saying Ray Brown would relegate Shawn Andrews or Artis Hicks to the bench to claim one of the starting G positions? If you honestly believe that, I can never take anything you say seriously again.

If not G, you honestly.....HONESTLY think he'd take Runyan or Thomas's place at Tackle.

See, you are a worthy opponent and good poster when you don't mix in the most homerish, outlandish statements that you possibly can, just to do it.

Edit- I can say with about 90 percent confidence that Brown wouldn't make the Eagles 53 man roster. He has no place. He wouldn't beat out Scuillio for the 6th O-Lineman spot and Andy Reid has no time for backups that don't have a future with the team, preferrably as a key contributor.

Archived