Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have some questions?

JLMRacing

I have never been to a Redskin Practice before. And the wife and I were thinking of taking a Friday off from work a go to the August 5, Fan Appreciation Day. My Questions are:

1) Is it worth taking a day off from work to go?

2) Is it more intended for the kids or adults or both?

3) How is parking/Lines?

Thanks again for the help.

JLM,

well first off you have to make sure you bring plenty of film,

and things for the players to sign.

Make sure you pack plenty of food, refreshments, sunblock etc.

It will be a great time.

What time should I expect you to pick me up.

Bring charis, food, cold drinks and lots of patience. Personally, I would probably go to another day besides that day because the crowds are nuts. But they do more on that day as far as autographs, etc..

Last year there were hours of waiting for ANYTHING to happen. I expect this year to be a little better run, but you never know.

I suggest to go on another day personnally, but its up to you. There is more oppurtunity to get autographs on fan day, but on a regular day its not as mobbed, and you can still get autographs. I waited for like two hours in line at fan day for a Darrell Green autograph, but last year I got Shawn Spring's with no line at a regular practise.

Originally posted by Kevin B.

Bring charis, food, cold drinks and lots of patience. Personally, I would probably go to another day besides that day because the crowds are nuts. But they do more on that day as far as autographs, etc..

Last year there were hours of waiting for ANYTHING to happen. I expect this year to be a little better run, but you never know.

Yeah I had a great time last year as me and a buddy of mine slowly moved from the back of the crowd to the front.....

but we waited practically all day for the Skins to come out (morning practice got cancelled). LA came out an addressed the crowd, Gibbs addressed the crowd also (although I couldn't hear him)....the best part was meeting the players and coaches.

Nice to be around a bunch of Redskins fans

1) It could be worth it, because you are guarenteed some autographs and seeing all the players you might not on another day.

2) Both, at least I think so.

3) Get there early, cuz that is the only bad part about that day is because it is packed.

Good to go that day, but I would try to maybe go to a regular day as well so you are not as packed in there maybe, if possible.

Originally posted by JLMRacing

Thanks for the Info All:D Looks like I will be going on a Regular day:logo:

Just if you didn't fully understand, even an off day is a mad house, so if your expecting to casually slide up next to Marcus Washington as he exits the field for an autograph, your not going to get that. If you want to share sweat with fellow redskins fans as you pony up to get an autograph, well you will enjoy it.

Also hope it doesn't rain to close to the day you go.

Archived