Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if Gregg Williams was...

Kilmer

Originally posted by Neophyte

I think part of the reason this coaching staff is here and no one went anywhere after last year is Gibbs and his rings. How many head coaches in this league right now have 3 Super Bowl rings and were the HC when they got them? Gibbs and Belichek are it. That's all, there ain't no more. That is worth something in coaching circles too.

The chance to be a HC is great, I am sure. There are a lot more head coaches than there are Super Bowl winners.

I also think the fact that none of the defensive coaches left this year proves that Gibbs still has it. These are guys who know what it takes to succeed in the current league and I don't think they would all be hanging around if they felt like Gibbs had lost it and this was a ship sailing into trouble.

**True. And if the defense remains constant, how much offense are we really going to need to generate to win a lot of games? Not too much.

Originally posted by TheGreek1973

Well Money is not in the a problem. He makes more money than half the HCs in the NFL

His kids are still in school and several times he has said he wants them to finish out before moving again (that is about 3-5 years down the road).

I also read a quote from Williams somewhere saying he did not want to move again while his kids are still in school.

He also has said that he is absolutely ecstatic to be working for a living legend in Gibbs. I don't think he's going anywhere for a while.

Thats the good thing about having a guy that failed as a head coach before. His failure in Buffolo is probably putting up red flags around him for many teams, and will help us keep him. Also, another plus is that we have Blache, so the drop-off wouldn't that be extreme.

Archived