Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need Opinions: Best Seafood Buffet in Ocean City, MD...

skinsfan44

The wife and I are going to Ocean City this weekend for our 23rd anniversary and we are looking for a new seafood buffet to eat dinner at on Saturday night.

We have been going to OC for many years, and for the most part, we go to Phillips, but they have gone down hill over the years.

We don't care how expensive it is, as long as it is GREAT.

So, who do you think has the best seafood buffet in OC???

SF44,

I will be honest with you....all of the buffets in O.C. SUCK!! They all order from the same food distributor "Sysco". So, they all taste the same. The quality is poor. Phillips has gone down hill but so has all of the others. If you HAVE to go seafood buffet, I have heard that the Bonfire (bayside around 70th street) is as good as any. If you just want all you can eat crabs go to Hoopers. If you want some good crabcakes go to the Captains Galley II in West Ocean off of Golf Course Road by the commercial harbor.

btw - Happy Anniversary.

Originally posted by RonJeremy

SF44,

I will be honest with you....all of the buffets in O.C. SUCK!! They all order from the same food distributor "Sysco". So, they all taste the same. The quality is poor. Phillips has gone down hill but so has all of the others. If you HAVE to go seafood buffet, I have heard that the Bonfire (bayside around 70th street) is as good as any. If you just want all you can eat crabs go to Hoopers. If you want some good crabcakes go to the Captains Galley II in West Ocean off of Golf Course Road by the commercial harbor.

btw - Happy Anniversary.

RJ, now I know why all the seafood buffets taste the same in OC.

I have heard that the Bonfire and Embers were good, but wanted to know if their are any really good ones left.

We decided to go for just crabs at Hoopers Saturday night.

Thanks for all the info, everyone.

Originally posted by Kilmer

So Phillips is no longer the place to go. That place has been their forever. I think the last time I ate their was about 25 years ago.

Well it still draw crowds and such, but i dont think its what it used to be.

I worked at Embers for a year and a half and they have good buffet food and good menu dishes, and i have to put a plug in becasue the manager is my ex girlfriend.

Thier owner and the owner of the bonfire are related, cousins i believe.

Although Hoopers seems to be a good choice, and seeing as you made you mind up, enjoy ;)

If your down there and you want something non seafood that is really good, try the Marlin Moon Grille in the Francis Scott Key Hotel across from the outlets on rte 50, once of the best meals ive ever had!!!

Archived