Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTH is goin on in F1???

Island Boy

From the way I understand it, Michelin screwed up with their tires, having unexlained failures. They told all the teams that they would not aprove the tire to run on the track unless the corner was modifyed to slow it down. I guess you can call it a boycott, but I see it as common sence move. FIA wouldn't budge on it saying that the drivers on Bridgstone shouldn't be peanilized due to a screw up by Michelin. If they wouldn't budge on the course change, they should have waived the peanilty for a change to another tire IMO. They hurt themselves today.

The liability involved is scarey. I wouldn't put a driver in a car to be known unsafe and risk his life, never mind the liability.

FIA, IMO screwed up even more then Michelin. I honestly doubt any of the drivers on the Bridgstones would have protested a change in turn 13 ( turn 1 of the oval) to have the full field on the course.

I loved the actions of Shumacher on the podium, not celebrating. He showed that it's about the racing, and the victory was hollow without the full field. He had no choice but to race, but I would put money on it that he would have pulled into the garage area with all the Michelin shod drivers after the parade lap if it wouldn't cause him a huge amount of flack.

Michelin screwed up in a big way, which is hard to phathom being such a huge company with a lot at stake. It reminds me of the race that was canceled at Texas Motor Speedway by CART a few years back. The G load on the drivers were far to high, with many almost passing out behind the wheel. They did the right thing. Never risk the drivers no matter who takes a loss of money.

I'm sure we haven't heard the last of this by a long shot. For the record, I have never agreeded with F-1 running at Indy. There are so many seriously better tracks to run at in the US.

Road Atlanta, Sears Point, Laguna Seca, and Watkins Glen where they had run years ago blow away that puppy shlitz course at Indy.

Originally posted by portisizzle

My list of top sports....

1) Football

2) Baseball

98) NBA

99) Professional Horseshoe Throwing

100) Soccer

101) Pin the Tail on the Donkey

198) Curling

199) F-1 Racing

:doh:

Who cares???:laugh:

Originally posted by portisizzle

:dunce:

I knew that.......

But can you tell me why you think this is the worst event in Auto Racing history?

This showed that the F-1 sanctioning body cares about 1 thing, the show must go on even at the risk of injury. For them to tell racing teams to put your drivers on the course and go slower through that turn is pure BS. It's like telling a boxer not to hit hard every 13th punch thrown.

Again, it's not FIA's fualt that Michelin messed up. The way they went about dealing with the problem surely has turned off many new fans of the series.

But of course, you don't care:laugh:

:cheers:

Archived