Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alert for Comcast internet customers in Richmond

nelms

I don't know how many of you will be able read this before the problem is resolved. I'm using an alternate connection, so I'm still able to get onto the internet. I've been told by Comcast customer service that most of the Richmond area is without service because of some server problems.

I've been having problems with connecting with Comcast internet access since this afternoon, so I decided to call the bozos in customer service. Of course, I called after checking my cable modem and wireless router first, which both seemed to be functioning just fine.

Well, first I pressed the option for high speed access service problems. A recording said that there was an unusual amount of call volume and to call back later and get this: "visit our website at www.comcast.com". LOL! Anyway, the recording said thank you for calling and then hung up on me. So, I called back and pulled out an old trick of mine. If you ever call Comcast press the option for ordering new service. The same reps answer service problem calls and new service order calls. But, new service order calls get a higher priority. Go figure. I just got a rep on the phone in 2 minutes. She said that most of the Comcast internet service in the Richmond area is down because of server problems. They do not expect internet service to be back up until the morning. I asked her why couldn't they just put on a stinkin' recorded message about the problem when someone called in. It would save them time and their customers a lot of wasted time. She didn't have an answer.

Two things I just learned: 1) NEVER waste your time trying to report a problem. ALWAYS use the new service order trick 2) Comcast sucks.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Archived