Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams Helmet to Helmet on Gardner

hey zeb if you can find it, I remember a terribly obvious helmet to helmet by Roy on L Coles during the game in Dallas. I believe it was on a play when Coles either got caught cutting all the way across the field on bad reverse or screen.

I just remember seeing the top of Williams helmet going to the ear hole of Coles helmet, it was sickly obvious.

I think Coles was slightly shaken up after it.

Originally posted by CrazyZeb

You've already seen this, but I was just going through my videos just now and saw this again. Absolutely rediculous. No penalty, no fine? And don't any Cowboy fan tell me he ducked into it. :rolleyes:

http://extremeskins.com/CrazyZeb/Miscellaneous/RW-HTH.mpg

Unf**king-believable!!! How does that helmet to helmet on Gardner NOT get called as a penalty??!!! There's no way that Gardner led himself into a blow like that; and further, Williams is CLEARLY LEADING WITH THE CROWN OF HIS HELMET. Freakin' officials piss me off half the time!!

And what's worse is that the NFL owners didn't have the balls to pass that new proposed replay review whereby fumbles could be reversed even if there's enough visual evidence to support it in lieu of a whistle blowing. Heck, these officials blow half the time.

ROD

i did think it was helmet to helmet, but i heard somewhere, maybe even espn, about how it was not a penalty since he was in control and that it would have been a penalty if he was in the air or had not come down and was in control. Is this true or did someone mislead me?

Originally posted by srhuber56

i did think it was helmet to helmet, but i heard somewhere, maybe even espn, about how it was not a penalty since he was in control and that it would have been a penalty if he was in the air or had not come down and was in control. Is this true or did someone mislead me?

Misled, leading with your helmet is never acceptable. It wasn't a penalty because the refs would never be brave enough to call such a penalty at such a crucial point in the game... and, well, they suck.

People say that he's a clean player and that he just plays the game tough - what a crock of sh*t! He knows exactly what he's doing and I think he tries to take people out. You can play the game and intimidate without playing dirty. Alot of unnecessary danger...I wonder if he would teach his kid to hit like that.

Originally posted by stupidsuck

here's the hit I was talking about in the Dallas game. I didn't realize Zeb had put it in the hilites.

there was no reason for him to lower his head on this play, and Coles was already going down, so think of how low he had to duck his head to connect with that

http://extremeskins.com/CrazyZeb/Week16atDAL06_ClassicRW.mpg

If Coles had kept running (instead of trying to turn his back) that would've been a clean hit. You all want to sissify football? Why don't you go after Sean Taylor with the same ferocity then?

Originally posted by herrmag

If Coles had kept running (instead of trying to turn his back) that would've been a clean hit. You all want to sissify football? Why don't you go after Sean Taylor with the same ferocity then?

nothing clean about leading with the crown of your helmet, whether you hit someone in the helmet or thigh, you're not supposed to lead with the crown

Originally posted by CrazyZeb

Misled, leading with your helmet is never acceptable. It wasn't a penalty because the refs would never be brave enough to call such a penalty at such a crutial point in the game... and, well, they suck.

I agree, they were scared to be criticized for affecting the outcome of the game. My only question is how did that "pass interference" call on us in the first quearter - when the replay obvioulsy showed that it was the Dallas receiver who pulled our db down to the crown, and then he tripped over him not affect the outcome of the game. Or the "no pass interference" call that was also in the first quarter? How do these calls get swept under the rug when something thatis so questionable places the opposing team at the 7 yard line. Those were game changing calls that happened in the first 15 minutes of play. My blood boils thinking about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived