Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Happy Day, Happy Day

jbooma

It is official Pettitte is an ASTRO. The Yankees are going to regret this big time. Pettitte said he is still working out with Roger so you might see Clemens getting the Nolan Ryan deal to play for the Astros. Guess who the Astros pitching managers is, Nolan Ryan :)

The yankees are going to respond by trading 26 year old potentially good player Jeff Weaver for 41 year old 15 million a year handicap player in Kevin Brown :laugh: :rotflmao:

I personally feel sorry for Torre next year, once the Yankees start out slow he as well as Cashman will be fired. Then the Yankee zoo like the 80's will happen all over again.

Now Boston will have ARod, Shilling, Martinez, if only George fired Torre then he would be in Boston as well :D

GO SOX :cheers:

Originally posted by sonsofwashington

YEAH.........But the BoSox are cursed by the Bambino..........didn't you watch them fold under preassure this year? New York is where baseball is at. Boston is just for the dreamers. DREAM ON BOSOX. Pinstripes over the Sox all season long.........its a yankee tradition.

not for long, the light is at the end of the tunnel and the yankee dark years are one Joe Torree firing from becoming true :)

Sheffield, Brown, poor, poor Jeter :laugh: :rotflmao:

FIRST. The sox don't have Arod yet. Like they need him with garciapara anyway. IMO garciapara stays, but hey i dont think like a Boston fan thank god. Only time will tell. If there is one thing the Yankees still know how to do it's win. I think the balances have moved in the favor of the BoSox, however that is just on paper. We need to see the season play out. You know how it goes.....injuries, off years, etc can ruin a hopeful season. Exibit A:--------Redskins.

Originally posted by sonsofwashington

FIRST. The sox don't have Arod yet. Like they need him with garciapara anyway. IMO garciapara stays, but hey i dont think like a Boston fan thank god. Only time will tell. If there is one thing the Yankees still know how to do it's win. I think the balances have moved in the favor of the BoSox, however that is just on paper. We need to see the season play out. You know how it goes.....injuries, off years, etc can ruin a hopeful season. Exibit A:--------Redskins.

The ARod deal is pretty much done because he can't stay in Texas now and they will get relief by taking Manny's contract. They will wait till the winter meetings to announce it. ARod is by far a better player then Nomar. Not just numbers now I am talking about being a face for the organization. That is the problem with Nomar, he doesn't hang with the team, talk to the media, etc......

The Yankees do win but that is when George is hands off, well he is going back to his old ways and many think he is the GM now. Because of that the winning ways will end soon. You don't give up Weaver for Brown ever, you don't bring in Sheffield, don't you think it is strange that the Braves haven't even tried to keep him ;)

Originally posted by BD

I am a huge Yankee fan -- but I completely understand Pettitte's happiness at leaving. He'll be a lot closer to home in Texas. I wish him all the best.

He was my favorite Yankee pitcher, though.

BD

I am so shocked the yankees didn't give him a contract in spring training, he has been one of the best playes they have had and they treated him like crap.

I am not gonna comment any further............all I ahve to say is we shall see next October. ARod looks like a gem, but you never know. The sox found a way to lose it last year. The yankees havebeen on a 10 year run. eventually you run out of gas......but i still think the yanks have a sweet engine.........plus the bosox are gonna have a new leader. Can he take control?

the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1684122

NEW YORK -- The Yankees wasted little time finding a replacement for Andy Pettitte in their rotation, agreeing Thursday to the outline of a tentative trade with the Los Angeles Dodgers that would bring Kevin Brown to New York in exchange for Jeff Weaver, two baseball officials said on the condition of anonymity.

The Yankees would send Los Angeles two minor leaguers and $3 million to cover part of the $18.75 million Weaver is owed in 2004 and 2005.

Brown, who has the right to block a trade, must approve any deal and has not yet been approached, agent Scott Boras said. Players must pass physicals, and the Yankees want to review Brown's contract before signing off on the trade, the officials said.

Pettitte accepted Houston's heavily backloaded $31.5 million, three-year deal after weighing a new offer from the Yankees on Wednesday night. He took $7.5 million less to sign with the Astros -- the Yankees' last offer was for $39 million over three years, but with only $26 million over the first two seasons guaranteed.

Brown, who turns 39 in March, signed baseball's first $100 million contract with the Dodgers, a deal that has two seasons remaining at $15 million annually.

He was 14-9 with a 2.39 ERA last year for Los Angeles, but has pushed for a trade to a team closer to his home in Macon, Ga.

Injuries limited him to 19 starts in 2001 and 10 in 2002, but he rebounded to make 32 starts last season, when he had the second-lowest ERA in the NL behind Jason Schmidt.

Weaver, 27, has struggled since the Yankees acquired him from Detroit in July 2002, failing to keep his spot in the rotation. He was 7-9 with a 5.99 ERA last season, and allowed the 12th-inning homer to Florida's Alex Gonzalez that won the pivotal fourth game of the World Series.

Another free agent the Yankees are dealing with, outfielder Gary Sheffield, is confident he will sign with New York despite differences that have jeopardized the deal.

"We'll get it done," Sheffield told The Associated Press on Wednesday night as he watched the Maryland-Florida basketball game from the stands.

Sheffield, who became a free agent after playing

Archived