Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is fair to expect from health care?

TheGreatBuzz

23 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I have restless leg syndrome of a sort.  It really does exist.  I've been on my feet for 37 years, and sometimes the nerves in my legs want to keep moving when all I want to do is relax.  I've never taken a medication for it tho, just "one of those things".:ols: 

Kinda my point.  I'm not saying it doesn't exist.  Just saying there are things that should just be prescribed a straw (I'm sure you know what that straw is for, from your Navy days).

Now I don't expect most here to agree with how extreme I am on what should be covered, I would think a large chunk can agree there are minor things we don't need to be paying for.

5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Just looked that up.  That is the dumbest **** I have ever seen.  You should be required to have minimum $50k in an escrow if you refuse to get car insurance.

@PeterMP  Seems you know a lot more about the financial side of it than I do so I won't dispute any of that with you.  Getting a little closer to the topic, how much do you think we would save on cutting out some of the care for things that weren't even an issue a few years ago (ie. restless leg syndrome, sleep apnia)  and should we cut back on some of this crap?

Why do you think we would save anything?  (I know less about restless leg syndrome, but sleep apnea is tied to all sorts of things that then cause larger health affects like high blood pressure and heart disease.)

You only save money if those things aren't causing other problems that aren't costing you money (and realistically, more broadly at a larger scale level this includes basic loss of economic efficiency due to things like lack of sleep and general discomfort.)

Archived