Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seeking FEDEX Tailgating advice

VA87EER

I will be going to the WVU-VT game at Fedex on Sunday, Sept 3rd.  Kickoff is at 7:30 PM.  The Redskins website states that the tailgate lots open 4 hours before kickoff except for the Red Zone, which opens 5 hours before kickoff.  Does this also apply to night games?  

Are there any other private lots nearby that open earlier?

Any other advice you have for tailgating at FEDEX would be appreciated.

For Redskins games, the Red Zone lot has ALWAYS opened one hour earlier than the other lots regardless of the time of kickoff...don't know about the other off site lots.  There is a tailgating lot off of Barlowe Road that might open even earlier, but you will have a bit of a walk to the stadium. 

The Red zone lot often has some nice features, like a trailer with semi-real bathrooms, bands, food trucks, etc.  that are only found in the Red Zone lot.

The Red zone lot spots are also TWICE as big as the spots in the other lots, so there is plenty of room to park and set up your tailgating stuff (grills, chairs, etc).

3 hours ago, MarkB452 said:

The Red zone lot often has some nice features, like a trailer with semi-real bathrooms, bands, food trucks, etc.  that are only found in the Red Zone lot.

The Red zone lot spots are also TWICE as big as the spots in the other lots, so there is plenty of room to park and set up your tailgating stuff (grills, chairs, etc).

That trailer with semi-real bathrooms was not there last season . . .

• 1 month later...

I was asked a question about tailgating only which is feasible for the NFL as parking passes are sold separately from the tickets.  However, I believe parking is included in the cost of the ticket for college games.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

thanks

I am looking on stubhub at that game and do not see any parking passes for sale.  I am GUESSING that the parking is included in the price of admission (not sure how they would decide on who gets what lot or what happens if more cars show up than there are spaces).

This article is from 2009, but it would not surprise me if the fee is still there:

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/arts/theater/article/13037686/youll-pay-a-parking-fee-at-fedexfield-even-when-you

Archived