Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Orange Is The New Black Thread - No Spoilers

Dont Taze Me Bro

22 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Yeah, I need to watch the second season of Bloodline too so I'll just get through both of them. I agree about all the subplots with OITNB, sometimes I forget this started with the white girl  going to prison in the first season. 

Yeah, she was what the show was about, then after season 2, she was forgotten basically in 3 and then they got her more involved in 4.  What I love is they created some very interesting characters, with great background stories and sub-stories.  What I hate is they created too many of them along with some that I really could care less about.  

And the need to continue to push it all at once while forgetting the main character that started the entire show.  I'm fine with them splitting off to other scenarios, sub-stories, just not this many.  They should have followed the Oz format, they did a better job of not over doing it, imo.  So does Wentworth (one I need to get back into).

3 minutes ago, Yohan said:

I agree with OITNB about season 5 moving to slow and to many characters, but I don't mind the move away from Chapman, as I started to find her boring.

As far as Bloodlines, the actors are great, but if you thought OITNB was slow, the pacing of season 3 Bloodlines is snail like. Which surprised me, because it was originally supposed to go 6 seasons and they condensed the last 4 seasons into one. I'm on episode 5 for like a week now, will try to finish it up this weekend.

I agree with moving away from her slightly to push other sub-stories.  But not completely.  

Spoiler

She is basically irrelevant at this point.  And after bringing her back in great fashion last season and her get branded with the swastika, etc.  And now it's like that never happened and her and Alex are basically hardly in the show and when they are they are not doing anything, just sitting.  Sitting outside, sitting listening to the riot takeover, sitting, talking, sitting, etc.  I'd rather have her and Alex be involved in the show than the two drug addicts.  

Bloodlines moves a lot slower than seasons 1 and 2 did.  And I don't see how they could have stretched it out 3 more seasons.  Let me know what you think of the next to last episode and series finale.  

1 hour ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

I binged season 5 in just a few days...I personally thought it was the best season of the show to date..

I really liked how the whole season spanned over the course of 3 days and everything that unfolded during the prison riot

I finished it up last week, forgot to post my thoughts on it.  It certainly, to me at least, was not the best season to date.  Can you toss spoiler tags around your last sentence?  I know it's a vague point, but just want to keep it as spoiler free as possible.

Spoiler

I thought the entire riot played out entirely too long.  I know it's fiction and take most of the crazy things as such and try to not hold it to any standards.  But the whole thing with Piscatella sneaking in and going on his personal man-hunt just seemed way too over the top, even for this show.  It got better towards the end, the last three episodes were definitely the strongest ones of the season.  But it still ranks last to me overall if I ranked them.  My rankings in order of best to worst are:  Season 1, 2, 4, 3, 5.  With an argument that season 2 was the best making that and season 1 interchangeable.  

I did like how they ended the season with them all being separated and placed on different buses and taken to different facilities.  My biggest complaint overall is the introduction of too many characters with too many sub-stories and backgrounds all at once.  It's too much.  They need to slow it down some, go back to the main chars we know the background of already and build a story around something else happening in the prison.  Not one main story line with 20 sub-stories.

I'm still interested in the show, just not all hyped up like I was for seasons 1-2.  I'm going to finish it out cause I've invested too much time to give up on it.  They have confirmed there will be at least 2 more seasons (6 & 7) as Netflix signed off on them.  I'm just hoping they get it together and provide us with a great series ending with closure.  

Archived