Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tidbits from the 1991 Redskins Press Guide - Don Warren #85 Tight End

HapHaszard

Up Close:

Along with teammate Monte Coleman and Hall of Famer Sammy Baugh, Donnie is one of only three Redskins to play in 3 different decades.

Don and Redskins offensive line coach Jim Hanifan are both from Covina, CA and attended the same high school.

Career Highlights:

He caught a career-high 10 passes vs the Giants in 1990

Don caught Joe Theismann's last TD pass vs the Giants in 1985

He had five catches vs the Dolphins in Super Bowl XVII

Selected in the 4th round of the 1979 draft (103rd overall)

1990 Season:

Reliable, Tough, Hardworking, Dedicated, Leader.  Any and all would describe Donnie's value to the Redsiins.  "He's one of our most valuable players," says Joe Gibbs.  "A great Redskin, a guy who sets an example"  And after 12 seasons, father time hasn't eroded any of Donnie's enthusiasm , or productivity.  He played in 16 games (15 starts) and his 15 catches tied Jimmie Johnson for the team lead among tight ends.  Against the Giants, Donnie played a major role catching a career-high 10 passes for 66 yards.  He also came up with a nine-yard touchdown grab from Jeff Rutledge against the Eagles.  He is ninth on the Redskins all-time receiving chart with 235 catches (three behind Larry Brown for eighth) and his 2,460-career yards trails Brown by 25 yards for 10th place on the club's all-time yardage list.  Along with Monte Coleman and Sammy Baugh, Donnie is one of only three Redskins to have played for the team in three decades.  His 172 games as a Redskins ties him with Mike Bragg for fith on the club's all-time service list.

He was drafted in 1979, not 1987.

These 1991 snippets are a good trip down memory lane. It would be interesting to take the whole 1991 roster and list what year each player on that squad joined the Skins. I really miss the continuity of those days.

He was drafted in 1979, not 1987.

These 1991 snippets are a good trip down memory lane. It would be interesting to take the whole 1991 roster and list what year each player on that squad joined the Skins. I really miss the continuity of those days.

you are right another typo by me.  I fixed it.

Archived