Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Add Eight In 2014 NFL Draft

I think most of us did the same kind of assessment. However, I disagree about WR. The guy we got runs the best routes and has the most sure hands in the draft. He ran a bit of a slow 40 but they said the same thing about Steve Largent. Just saying. Also, it take 2 to 3 yrs to develop a WR. Now is exactly the time to look at a WR to replace either DJax or Roberts when they leave in 2 to 3 yrs. One of them will go. 

Seastrunk didn't catch many balls because they don;t throw to RBs at Baylor. He caught passes in his pro day and did fine. Plus he can really be that HR change of pace for AM. I really like his chances of playing this year. 

We addressed a few needs and got some depth later in the draft. That's exactly how you are supposed to draft. 

BTW: I hope Rak is pissed as hell! maybe he will play with more urgency and get that 15+ sacks season we all know he is capable of. In the end, nothing wrong with have 3 pas rushers. Finally on Murphy, if you listened to Gruden, I think they plan to move him inside, at least part of the time, maybe on running plays. But he can play most all the LB positions. Dude is a beast. 

The most important thing about Seastrunk being drafted as a change of pace guy is he is healthy, as opposed to the back they took last year(Thompson I believe) who was injured and never got out the gates and produced.

I read or say a video where Gruden was saying that at times they would bring 3 lbs up to line of scrimmage for pass rush...sounds like shades of 2012 during our run to the playoffs when Haslett did this with great success.

manchild157 , Rak not getting more than 10 sacks . After every sack he'll disappear for a half . Sacks are wonderful , but it's not the only part of the game . Rak hasn't changed a game for us yet . 13 Million a year go to game changers .Oh ,and bro ....That RB we drafted ....There's a highlight of him pulling his hammy , and out running defenders 40 yards while grabbing it . By by helu

Don't know that they are quite ready to give up on Helu, although he can be pushed down the pecking order. Royster & Thompson on the other hand, those guys are on the bubble. 

Hail GoSkins!

I wouldn't hesitate to add Garcon to the list of WRs that might need replacement. Doesn't have the greatest health history for one & we are talking 2, 3 years down the road.

Don't know that they are quite ready to give up on Helu, although he can be pushed down the pecking order. Royster & Thompson on the other hand, those guys are on the bubble. 

Hail GoSkins!

I wouldn't hesitate to add Garcon to the list of WRs that might need replacement. Doesn't have the greatest health history for one & we are talking 2, 3 years down the road.

Hail Johns - I agree, Helu is still #2. Not going anywhere barring injury. Thompson or Royster is sure to be gone unless as some have suggested, we get rid of the FB position. I hope not as I really like DY.

You make a good point on Garcon and I had him listed before. Just don't see all 3 staying around whether we are good or not.

Hail GoSkins!

I like DY also but I suspect if they did part ways it might be to carry another TE. Reed not going anywhere, Somebody is going to have to be a real standout ST guy to knock out Paul. Paulsen is a solid blocker. One of the three new TE's played quite a bit @ FB, don't remember which (I think Perry - not sure). Point is not unusual to see a TE in the FB spot but obviously not as good as Young.

Anyway, if they did drop DY, I think it would be to carry a 4th TE - one of the new guys. Not a bad idea, especially a guy that can move around a lot.

OK, so this in my only place to rant but I'm SICK of NFL's coverage of the 249th pick! He has had more coverage than any of the top five picks! How many straight guys do we see with their tongues down their girlfriends throat upon being drafted? Then why are we subjected to watching him and his guypal? The word is that the cameraman suggested that they "show some tenderness". The NFL has fallen in love with this guy and chances are, judging by past years pick #249, he won't even make the team! EVERY single day since the draft has had at least one story on the front page of the NFL.com on him and guys who are better and sure have better stories are being ignored because the NFL writers are too lazy to go look for them!

Rant over.

Erad

OK, so this in my only place to rant but I'm SICK of NFL's coverage of the 249th pick! He has had more coverage than any of the top five picks! How many straight guys do we see with their tongues down their girlfriends throat upon being drafted? Then why are we subjected to watching him and his guypal? The word is that the cameraman suggested that they "show some tenderness". The NFL has fallen in love with this guy and chances are, judging by past years pick #249, he won't even make the team! EVERY single day since the draft has had at least one story on the front page of the NFL.com on him and guys who are better and sure have better stories are being ignored because the NFL writers are too lazy to go look for them! Rant over. Erad

Personally I'm way more sick of the Johnny Manzeil Show than I am of Michael Sam. It's a social experiment all the way by this guy being drafted. I think even if he gets cut, the ensuing parade through tv talk shows, Oprah, Ellen, etc. will keep this guy busy and making money. I get your rant, kinda grossed me out watching them fondle and kiss but he has rights and so do we, which is to choose to look away if you don't like what you see. There are far more decadent examples of homosexuality in this world than these 2 guys. Erad- at least you have the balls to say something.

Hail GoSkins!

I like DY also but I suspect if they did part ways it might be to carry another TE. Reed not going anywhere, Somebody is going to have to be a real standout ST guy to knock out Paul. Paulsen is a solid blocker. One of the three new TE's played quite a bit @ FB, don't remember which (I think Perry - not sure). Point is not unusual to see a TE in the FB spot but obviously not as good as Young.

Anyway, if they did drop DY, I think it would be to carry a 4th TE - one of the new guys. Not a bad idea, especially a guy that can move around a lot.

Until we know how our oline is going to gel, I think we have to keep DY. He is a good blocker, and can punch it in on a goal line stance. Since the coach is saying it's possible to keep the new kicker for kickoffs and Forbath for field goals(which makes me shudder keeping 2)then they should find room for someone who will keep Griff upright. Decisions for training camp I'm sure but not before.

eradicator, I have no problem with gay people . Personally i could give a rats ass about them getting married , but i will admit . I was OK with the kiss , but the cake part gross me out . Basically rub me the wrong way, and i have always support gay rights . Then ESPN played it over and over . I have gay family members and friends , so if I'm gross out , I'm sure anti gay people were livid .

OK, so this in my only place to rant but I'm SICK of

Some friendly advice - this really goes in either "The Tailgate" or the "Around the NFL" blogs. The Mods are pretty strict (glad they are) about where to put what as they have done a very nice job separating things so we have at least a fighting chance to stay on topic within threads.

Since we don't start threads in here they have given us a little more leeway than say in the Stadium, but your topic may really push that envelope. I just don't want to see you get an unwanted vacation. I really enjoy your opinions and point of view even if i don't always agree.

My starting Oline : LT Williams : LG Shawn Lauvao : C Kory: RG Long :RT Moses .....Prying the two rookies take charge or even Josh LeRibeus standing and taking charge .

I say change the whole thing. I do not like Kory at C. McGlynn is a C, not a G like the colts tried to play him.

I see -->

LT - TW,  LG - SL, C McGlynn, RG Leribius/Gettis, RT Moses - I like Long long term but he may not be able to get on the field this year. But should provide great depth and then come on next year.

I

My starting Oline : LT Williams : LG Shawn Lauvao : C Kory: RG Long :RT Moses .....Prying the two rookies take charge or even Josh LeRibeus standing and taking charge .

Two rookies starting on the same side of the line might be really optimistic. It would be great if it could work out that way. LeRibeus  needs to show up in shape and ready - but I agree he's a guy you hope for. 

I say change the whole thing. I do not like Kory at C. McGlynn is a C, not a G like the colts tried to play him.

I see -->

LT - TW,  LG - SL, C McGlynn, RG Leribius/Gettis, RT Moses - I like Long long term but he may not be able to get on the field this year. But should provide great depth and then come on next year.

Agreed - I really like Kory @ G vs C and they would like one of these guys that they have been developing to take the RG spot. Swing Kory/Long in once in awhile, that's OK.  But those younger guys are pretty much on the spot for camp this year. I think the choice is gonna be which young guys you keep first vs which vets get cut first (if that makes sense).

I think Johns Bass makes a great point about starting 2 rookies on the oline. Would a 1st year head coach take a gamble like that? Be interesting to see preseason games when they are playing side by side....by that I mean against 1st stringers.

I think Johns Bass makes a great point about starting 2 rookies on the oline. Would a 1st year head coach take a gamble like that? Be interesting to see preseason games when they are playing side by side....by that I mean against 1st stringers.

He would take a chance with 3 or 4 new guys on the line unless they are just horrible. He knows he pretty much has a free pass this year. Plus, if he thinks they are the long term solution, let them take their lumps now. I don't think he will hesitate.

Also, RGIII has to make quicker decisions to help his line, like in 2012. Unlike many others (meaning I am in the minority), I don't think he made bad decisions last year as much as he made late decisions. You could argue it's the same thing, but I think they are much different.

OK, I won't be left out. Here's my day 1 starting O-line as I see it:

LT - Trent Williams

LG - Shawn Lauvao

C - Kory Litchenstieger

RG - Chris Chester

RT - Tyler Polumbus

It should be noted that I feel Litch & McGlynn will rotate on a regular basis. & even though I do believe Chester is on the bubble due to his salary cap # It wouldn't be unreasonable to see him on the final 53 & start the season until Long get's his feet wet. Also, although I have Polumbus starting the season at RT expect to see A LOT of Morgan Mosses. & depending on how he fairs don't be surprised to see him starting by mid season if not sooner.

HTTR!!! 

( Manchild157 said-Fella's this is starting to get back to being a good forum to talk football. Haven't seen this many comments on 1 thread in a very long while. I appreciate you guys and all your input. )

I only joined after seeing guys like you, CFL, Gos,Bass and others talk good football without all the arguing that goes on on most other forums so pat yourselves on the collective backs. I for one never would have joined a mean spirited forum....life it too short to get involved with that kind of mess. I think that we all want the same thing, a good strong team that pulls together and a coach who can keep that chemistry working and an owner who doesn't constantly meddle and control a la Jerryy in D. DS has made his mistakes but as much as some people have complained, I think that he's always just wanted a winning team and he's been willing to spend the $$ to do it. He's learned a lot too by past errors and seeing what he wanted to see in a player, not what was really there but I sure can't fault the guy for that. I've got a good feeling about the upcoming year and those of us old enough to remember when the Hogs dominated the O line know that a dominant O line can control a football game. Will we be that good this year on the O line? I doubt it BUT with the array of top notch receivers, a sharpened RG3 and AM in the backfield, and a hyped D, the team can be frighteningly good. That's all any true blue Skins fan wants. Erad

HAIL ERADICATOR!

You said..."DS has made his mistakes but as much as some people have complained, I think that he's always just wanted a winning team and he's been willing to spend the $$ to do it. He's learned a lot too by past errors and seeing what he wanted to see in a player, not what was really there but I sure can't fault the guy for that."

That's exactly the way I feel as well. Not only has he learned how to be an owner but he's grown as an owner as well. But my favorite thing about Danny boy is just how dead fast he is against changing our name. My hat's off to him for that.

You also said..."I've got a good feeling about the upcoming year and those of us old enough to remember when the Hogs dominated the O line know that a dominant O line can control a football game."

Well....I am old enough to remember the hogs & like the old saying goes 'it all starts up front'. Like you I too have a good feeling about this upcoming season & not just because of our FA additions at the skill positions. I feel that the O-line with the additions we've made both in the draft & in FA is going to be the backbone of the entire team. I haven't been this excited about our O-line since...well...the hogs.

HTTR!!!

Fella's this is starting to get back to being a good forum to talk football. Haven't seen this many comments on 1 thread in a very long while. I appreciate you guys and all your input.

my sentiments exactly and we don't have put up with certain couple of ,.... well you know .

your guess is as good as mine what the oline will look like on opening day  ,the last time it was this much in the air is when gibbs and beatherd formed the original hogs . all i know gruden wants road grading hogs not dancing pigs!!! 

Archived