Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Extreme Times (a place to post articles/stories about your team or upcoming games, press conferences, post game conferences)

kiingspadee

sportscenter.jpg

Hello welcome back to Sportscenter. Adam Schefter is here with some Atlanta Falcons news. Adam what do you have for us?

schefter_adam1-291x300.jpg

It seems like after the impressive performance rookie RB Jacquizz Rodgers may start getting more carries. A few sources close to the situation say if that starts to happen the one guy who may start demanding a trade is RB Jason Snelling, who has been very lackluster in the eyes of the offensive coordinator.

tumblr_lqtrv3whQI1qg3n3l.jpg

Hey Adam, I hope you don't mind if I jump in. My sources tell me that Washington may be a possible landing spot for RB Jason Snelling to join Shanahan and the RB by committee group they have there. Look for Washington to deal the Falcons three first round picks, and London Fletcher, along with Santana Moss and Ryan Kerrigan.

The Falcons just heard the comment from JLC and the Falcons have actually told Snelling if in any way JLC was right for ONCE in his life that Snelling needs to leave Atlanta right now and head to Washington. Whether he hitchhikes, Redskins One, bus, train, swims, walks, rides a bike, or bounces on a hippity hop he needs to leave immediately. Atlanta is also wondering if Vinny has came back to Washington?

John%20Clayton.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1308760215577

John Clayton here. My sources report a blockbuster trade sending Philip Rivers to the Arizona Cardinals for Kevin Kolb and a 1st. Generally we do not see a player of Rivers magnitude traded prior to the trade deadline, but it seems that, despite a recent win over the Dolphins, the Chargers are in full rebuilding mode.

John Clayton, E.S.P. N. Back to you, Adam.

Mike Shanahan Bye Week Press Conference:

kellijohnson.jpg

Kelli Johnson (CSN Washington): Coach, you're entering the bye week at 3-1, with a big 55-28 win in St. Louis. Roy Helu is on pace for R.O.Y. if he keeps it up and Beck got his first start of the season and put up the best numbers this passing game has seen all year. How are you feeling about those two, in particular, going into the bye week?

09000d5d8225cf76_video_rhr_280_210.jpg

Mike Shanahan (Head Coach, Washington Redskins): Well, whenever you have a hard working group of guys working together you're always gonna have opportunities to win. We've played 4 really good teams but we've fought in every one. We really felt we could have gotten that win against Arizona a few weeks ago, but we fought a good football team and came up just short in the last second and that's all you can ask for out of your guys. But we're gonna take a couple of days off and come back ready to work, in-shape and focused on the Eagles.

Roy has played really well for a rookie, and I'm very proud of him. Beck, I thought he looked pretty good coming in for Rex against Dallas, and I've felt like he's been practicing better so we wanted to give him a chance to spark the passing game and I think that has worked out well so far.

-----

jason-reid_114x80.png

Jason Reid (Washington Post): Hey coach, there have been some people saying that you all are going to be making a trade for Jason Snelling, is that something you all have talked about or can you talk a little about that for me?

redskins-mike-shanahan.jpg

Mike Shanahan: As you know, I don't like to talk about moves our team may, or may not make, when it comes to improving our football squad. If there's a guy we think can help us win, we're definitely gonna talk about it and see if it may be a fit for us. But as I had previously stated, we're very happy with what Roy has been doing in the running game, and I trust Tim and Ryan if they have to play in his place. It's the nature of the game we play, ya know, a guy can go down at anytime so the guys backing him up have to be ready at any second and I think both guys have shown that they are capable and I expect any of them to be ready when their number is called.

------------

Post conference, via @JReidPost: Mike Shanahan says team "definitely" trading for Snelling.

BREAKING NEWS JUST IN TO SPORTSCENTER

sportscenter.jpg

The Baltimore Ravens have agree in principle with the Pittsburgh Steelers in a rather odd deal.

Going to the Baltimore Ravens in this deal is 23 year old WR Antonio Brown... Stud... Accompanying Brown to the Ravens is none other than Shaun Suisham. In return the Steelers are getting Billy Cundiff from the Ravens.. Interesting deal to say the least.

BREAKING NEWS JUST IN TO SPORTSCENTER

sportscenter.jpg

The Baltimore Ravens have agree in principle with the Pittsburgh Steelers in a rather odd deal.

Going to the Baltimore Ravens in this deal is 23 year old WR Antonio Brown... Stud... Accompanying Brown to the Ravens is none other than Shaun Suisham. In return the Steelers are getting Billy Cundiff from the Ravens.. Interesting deal to say the least.

So a wr and a kicker for a kicker?.......thats a rape deal

he actually proposed it to me first lol... i see what hes saying though..kickers with power will win you games.. especially for teams that play defense (which is what he does) and i don't think brown had of a roll for him since hes only recorded 3 receptions for 13 yards.. i admit i was taken back by the offered deal.. but i wont turn it down..

andy-reid.jpg

During a press conference earlier today, Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid announced that he has "eaten" Jeffrey Lurie on one of his psychotic eating binges. It us unclear how this disorder was kept under the radar for so long, but because of lack of an owner and reportedly "obviously we are never going to win a superbowl or even come close to amounting to what our superior rival the Washington Redskins have achieved. Therefore we have decided to fold, to avoid the impending destruction the Redskins will cause Sunday."

stuart_scott_is_rick_vaughn.jpg

This just in. Rumors of a recent fall-out between Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan and star outside linebacker Demarcus Ware appear to be true. Sources close to the situation are saying that during a recent Cowboys defensive meeting Ware called coach Ryan a "big fat fatty" and told him to "eat a bowl of d****", this after Coach Ryan called Ware out for "Pu**y-Footing" on a series against the Lions. Nevertheless, sources in the Cowboys front office have said that trade talks are really heating up, with as many as 3 teams bringing offers to the table for the All-Pro pass rusher. Stay tuned...

stuart%2Bscott.jpg

We have an update on the Demarcus Ware trade sweepstakes. This just keeps getting more intriguing folks - it seems another team has entered the mix. Cowboy's GM Pumpkin Escobar has gone on record to ask all teams to submit their highest and best offers by 7:30pm EST. A decision will be made tonight. Lets go to Marv Albert for some insight on the unfoldings of this potentially colossal deal....

marv-albert-001254596.jpg

Thanks, Stuart. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Keep in mind whoever ends up with Ware will be a happy camper, even happier if they are sleeping in my tent with me. This guy has pass rushing ability to make an entire defense better, he is still under 30 years of age and continues to improve. The Cowboys, with a move like this, are obviously looking to rebuild the image of this franchise. Safe to say there will be some young virile talent thrown around in this deal. Who will be the lucky team? Back to you Stu....

best-stuart-scott-worlds.jpg

Thanks, Marv. You are a relentless creep.

sportscenter.jpg

BREAKING NEWS INTO SPORTSCENTER

Adam Schefter is here with some Baltimore Ravens news. Adam what do you have for us?

schefter_adam1-291x300.jpg

Sources close to the deal have told me that the Baltimore Ravens have struck a Deal with the Arizona Cardinals for DE Darnell Dockett.. Rumors are that its a draft pick + a player i would expect it to be Redding...

Archived