Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pukes vs. Iggles Game Thread

Toe Jam

The Giants may not have the high-powered offense the Cowboys possess, but they may have a more dynamic one. The fact is the Giants offense comes to play when the chips are down and a big play is needed, when are people going to learn its not all about the fancy stats. There are intangibles that are not measurable. Such as how a unit performs late in the 4th quarter, there are not a whole lot of QB's I'd rather have leading my teams offense not named Eli Manning. And unheralded clutch players like Smith, Toomer, Bradshaw and an offensive line full of studs don't hurt.

The Giants may not have the high-powered offense the Cowboys possess, but they may have a more dynamic one. The fact is the Giants offense comes to play when the chips are down and a big play is needed, when are people going to learn its not all about the fancy stats. There are intangibles that are not measurable. Such as how a unit performs late in the 4th quarter, there are not a whole lot of QB's I'd rather have leading my teams offense not named Eli Manning. And unheralded clutch players like Smith, Toomer, Bradshaw and an offensive line full of studs don't hurt.

The Giants are good, but come on lets be realistic....

they stalled in the second half against the Skins... and didn't put up the same offensive numbers as the eagles did vs the Rams

I hate the Pokes but

Romo sits to pee> Eli

Only in regular season statistics

TO > Plex

Witten > Boss (by a lot)

No problem with this
Pokes wrs #2 down = Giants wrs #2 down
Not a chance, Toomer has proven his mettle time after time last year, what has Crayton proven except for the fact that he's a moron who cost his team a playoff game? After that it gets even more lopsided in the Giants favor. Smith, Hixon hell I'd even take Manningham over Dallas' 3rd stringer and he has yet to see the field this season, the potential is there though.
Poke OL < Giant OL
They have the slight advantage in pass blocking, but our run blocking is far superior. And I agree that we have the all around better unit
RB's? also even
I'd agree, we're 3 deep, the have 2 studs. We have a much better running game due to our offensive line, and philosophy.
the Pokes have the better offense
for the most part, yes.
as does Philly, and New Orleans in the NFC

maybe even green bay?

Philly? Not a chance. New Orleans? No balance, nope. Green Bay? Possibly, but again they have struggled to establish a running game, so I can't say for sure. they have the horses though. Question mark until later in the season.

The Giants are good, but come on lets be realistic....

they stalled in the second half against the Skins... and didn't put up the same offensive numbers as the eagles did vs the Rams

It was the 1st game of the season, but we had no problem moving the ball on you guys, a lot of our drives stalled in the red zone (credit to your defense). In the second half we were constantly in poor field position (credit to your special teams) but we were able to move the ball, we just had to settle for punts. Ultimately we wound up sitting on the lead, it was frustrating, but effective. When the Giants need to take shots down the field they have proven time after time they are more then capable. But why force the issue when the Redskins were unable to pose a serious threat until their last drive?

It was the 1st game of the season, but we had no problem moving the ball on you guys, a lot of our drives stalled in the red zone (credit to your defense). In the second half we were constantly in poor field position (credit to your special teams) but we were able to move the ball, we just had to settle for punts. Ultimately we wound up sitting on the lead, it was frustrating, but effective. When the Giants need to take shots down the field they have proven time after time they are more then capable. But why force the issue when the Redskins were unable to pose a serious threat until their last drive?

first, the point was best offense in the NFC, not team

second you had one great driv,e the opening one.... the rest was bupkis, aided by Zorn's inexperienced play calling, and short route running, more than anything your guys did.

third I never said anything about the Skis offense being good

Philly? Not a chance. New Orleans? No balance, nope. Green Bay? Possibly, but again they have struggled to establish a running game, so I can't say for sure. they have the horses though. Question mark until later in the season.

you're nuts!

even hurting at wr Philly is better on offense than NY... playing the rams proved it

Saints did better against us on the road than the Giants at home... plus put a hurting on a good tampa defense.... balance? McAllister will be back soon enough as will Steckler... and come on they have a ton of weapons Brees, Bush, Shockey, the wr's and just as good an OL

first, the point was best offense in the NFC, not team

second you had one great driv,e the opening one.... the rest was bupkis, aided by Zorn's inexperienced play calling, and short route running, more than anything your guys did.

third I never said anything about the Skis offense being good

What? Who said anything about best team? Re-read my post. I said the Giants sat on the lead [read: offense] because that was what the game dictated. You guys were not threatening so why were we going to air it out? One good drive, huh? Our first 3-4 drives we had no problem cutting right through the Redskins defense. They stalled at the redzone, due to bonehead mistakes, and a couple of good plays by your defense. But this idea that the Giants could only muster 1 good drive the first half is ludicrous, I've seen the entire game about 3 times... how many times did you rewatch it?

you're nuts!

even hurting at wr Philly is better on offense than NY... playing the rams proved it

Saints did better against us on the road than the Giants at home... plus put a hurting on a good tampa defense.... balance? McAllister will be back soon enough as will Steckler... and come on they have a ton of weapons Brees, Bush, Shockey, the wr's and just as good an OL

Playing the Rams proved what? What are you talking about. I'm not even going to argue over the idea the Eagles have a better offense than the Giants based on 2 games into the season. I realize you want to talk up the Saints offense and all, that is natural for every fanbase to do after they beat an opponent, but it still doesn't resonate any truth. Yeah they put a hurting on Tampa, so did the Giants. And they will continue to have NO BALANCE until they replace Sean Payton with a coach that doesn't enjoy airing it out 40 times a game.

All I've go to say after this game... what a heck of a game. NFC better watch out, the Eagles are no joke. When people want to look up the definition of a shootout, they'll refer to this game. Whichever team lost that game, they have nothing to be ashamed of.. thankfully the Cowboys won, but I won't sit here and lie and say I'm not anxious to visit the Eagles in Philly. Great game played by both teams.. and after this game, and the two games on Sunday, shows why people are labeling the NFC East as the NFC B"east".. this division is no joke this season.

For those fans who don't understand puke-fan-speak, let me translate this poor fellow's post:

All I've go to say after this game... what a heck of a game.

Translation: Jeebus, I thought for sure we were going to lose!

NFC better watch out, the Eagles are no joke.

Translation: Holy ****! Our defense really, really sucks.

When people want to look up the definition of a shootout, they'll refer to this game.

Translation: I've never seen two defenses play so horribly!

Whichever team lost that game, they have nothing to be ashamed of..

Translation: Good line to use had we lost this game...it doesn't diminish our pathetic defensive showing.

thankfully the Cowboys won, but I won't sit here and lie and say I'm not anxious to visit the Eagles in Philly.

Translation: ****! They should have beaten us...we were lucky.

Great game played by both teams.. and after this game, and the two games on Sunday, shows why people are labeling the NFC East as the NFC B"east".. this division is no joke this season.

Translation: Two horrible defenses...never mind, let's focus on offense.

For those fans who don't understand puke-fan-speak, let me translate this poor fellow's post:

Translation: Good line to use had we lost this game...it doesn't diminish our pathetic defensive showing.

Don't attempt to translate me if you don't comprehend the message I wanted to get across.

Translation of it: We won, but I'm going to say my peace, let it be known it was a good game and remain classy doing it.(Something you're incapable of) I said nothing negative about the Eagles because it was a hard fought game up until 0:00 on the game clock, and even gave credit to the Redskins in the post, so if you want to continue making posts like that and show how ignorant you really are, let me start digging up all your false promises of the Cowboys losing this game just for some reassurance. And keep talking about how "horrible" the D's on these two teams are.. I guess it'll balance out when both teams face the Skins.. bad D vs bad O, right? :rolleyes:

Don't attempt to translate me if you don't comprehend the message I wanted to get across.

Translation of it: We won, but I'm going to say my peace, let it be known it was a good game and remain classy doing it.(Something you're incapable of) I said nothing negative about the Eagles because it was a hard fought game up until 0:00 on the game clock, and even gave credit to the Redskins in the post, so if you want to continue making posts like that and show how ignorant you really are, let me start digging up all your false promises of the Cowboys losing this game just for some reassurance. And keep talking about how "horrible" the D's on these two teams are.. I guess it'll balance out when both teams face the Skins.. bad D vs bad O, right? :rolleyes:

Any objective observer would agree with me. Those two teams need a lot of work on defense.

So far, Pacman and the fossil linebacker are not the answer.

That pass rush was nothing until McNabb got desperate at the end.

Put that loss on McNabb...he had the game in hand and fumbled it away.

BTW, I love you, you big 'classy' poster, you!

:rotflmao:

Great post:rolleyes:.

Quit acting like a baby. You were wrong. Suck it up and move on. No need to turn every single post into a pissing match becuase you weren't right.

Any objective observer would agree with me. Those two teams need a lot of work on defense.

So far, Pacman and the fossil linebacker are not the answer.

That pass rush was nothing until McNabb got desperate at the end.

Put that loss on McNabb...he had the game in hand and fumbled it away.

BTW, I love you, you big 'classy' poster, you!

:rotflmao:

Pacman and Thomas had pretty good games, not sure what game you watched.

Archived