Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT-Man Arrested for BBQing Kitten

Funkyalligator

LIBERTY, Missouri (AP) -- A man was arrested Tuesday for allegedly burning a kitten on a barbecue grill as several other people stood around and watched in amusement.

A witness pulled the scorched, 7-week-old tabby from the hot coals, but it was severely injured and had to be put to death, police said.

"They kept saying, `Meow, meow,' and they were poking at it with a stick," said Sherry Scott, who burned her hand grabbing the kitten.

Charles C. Benoit, 24, was charged with animal abuse, punishable by up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine. He was jailed on $10,000 bail.

Jim Roberts, spokesman for the Clay County prosecutor's office, said he does not expect anyone else to be charged, because no witnesses could identify the others.

Scott said that on Friday night, she saw 10 or 12 people at the barbecue grill in the courtyard of the apartment complex where she lives. Scott said she asked what they were cooking, and they said it was a cat. She said the group taunted her, daring her to rescue the cat.

She said the group scattered when she threatened to call police. She said she pulled the kitten from where it had been shoved into the coals at the back of the grill. Its tail, whiskers, fur, eyes and throat were scorched.

"I called him Lucky because I thought I got him out of there just in time," she said.

Scott said she and other residents stayed up Friday night trying to nurse the kitten with an eye dropper of milk. But animal control officers decided that because of its respiratory injuries and inability to swallow food, it had to be destroyed.

"If you would have seen him, you would have cried," said Sheri Simpson, one of the residents who helped care for the kitten.

I hope those who gathered around the grill egging this sadist on have nightmares for the rest of their days. Props to the woman who showed enough courage to defy the group.

It's all too common. I've seen drivers swerve on the road intentionally to run over snakes, turtles and other critters. It makes me sick.

Nah, this guy should get some prison time. Perhaps with all the attention that people pay to the way others treat animals we can catch serial killers before they start. One of the usual signs of a psychopath, is killing small animals. Some of the other signs are dominating woman in life and bed wetting when older.

That is Fvcked!!! I say give him 5 years!!! I wouldn't mind throwing that fvcker on a grill!!! People like that are just freaks and I would hope a little @ss fvcking in prison helps him reeducate himself on life.

Calls to mind the solution Kelly McGillis' character found to the barroom rape of Jodie Foster's character in The Accused. The witnesses won't speak for fear of incriminating themselves and/or just because they're world-class schmucks? No problem ... charge each and every one of them with violation the Good Samaritan Laws, haul their collective arses into court, put them under oath, and see who cracks.

Don't know whether GS Laws apply any more or not ... but a case like this screams out that they should.

Most states don't have Good Samaritan laws from what I can remember. The witnesses obviously were all involved, I am a pretty cruel person but I would never try and cook a cat or dog or human. I mean I've left my cat shut in the fridge for awhile after she sneaked into it but thats about it, and even then it was to teach her a lesson but never would I put a cat in a george forman grill for dinner

It was. :)

That, and that they had to go up against the Johnny Cochran-spoof attorney who represented Cosmo from time to time. The same one who got to check out whats-her-name-from-the-Radio-Shack-commercials' fun pillows (which, for the record, are real, and magnificent) first hand. So to speak.

Strange about that. I always kind of figured said esquire was supposed to be gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Being a owner of two beautiful black dogs. I watch Animal Planet every so often and leave the tv on that channel when I leave ( I heard it makes them feel more comfortable ). There is this show called Animal Precinct and it is basically the ASPCA checking on cases of animal cruelty in the New York are ( I think). This lady on that show would absolutely have this guys Cajones in her fists and personally BBQ the hell out of em!!

Maybe this guy and A.I. can go bowling.

As much as I hate to see an animal tortured, I think the outrage is somewhat interesting. Remember in some countries these things are eaten for food. I do not condone nor support the mistreatment of animals. I have a cat I have had for almost 9 years, and would do as much as I could afford to keep her going since she is a part of the family.

I don't feel like looking, but someone would throw a human on a fire for punishment. Human=Feline? This guy who committed this act should be punished and punished harshly... but I think 7 years with 1 year served would be good. Heck you can kill someone and get off in 4 to 7.

Please don't start that I want to kill all the endangered animals, just trying to keep perspective here.

Peace

That's just @#$%#@ warped. :doh: What Om said. Hope this individual does some hard time.

Ready for this? Just heard it on the local news. Some people in North Salt Lake found their missing cat in their front yard? Hollowed out!. Yep. No ****! Blood, organs, the works gone. Though they did find the intestines on a curb near by. Sheeees..... Sick man. Sick.

PCS -Sounds like some stupid teenagers trying out some witchcraft ritual. I remember hearing a lot of rumours about that stuff going on from a buddy of mine who went to high school in SLC.

How do you make a cat sound like a dog?

Soak it in gasoline, light its tail, and it goes "wooof"

Originally posted by Glenn X

riggo-toni, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that you're not a cat person. ;)

To be honest, I married a woman with 3 of them, much to the amusement of all who know me well. :shootinth I actually really like one of them, because he seems to think he's a dog (he comes when you call him, plays fetch, follows you around everywhere at home. I am doing my best, however, to keep this under wraps. I have my reputation to think of....:silly: :silly:

Archived