Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Advice requested: Which game to see Skins beat up on Dallas @Fedex or @Dallas?

isle-hawg

I have yet to make it to a Skins vs Dallas game. I know shame on me. I am planning on fixing that this year and plan to make it to at least one of the two games this year (FEDEX or Texas Stadium or both). I appreciate any advice especially from those that have been to Dallas.

I have been to several games at FEDEX, and will make it to at least one or two other games there again this year. I KNOW that FEDEX will be great, but from the pics posted last year at the Dallas tailgate Blondie hosted/organized it looked like going to represent the Skins in enemy Dallas country could also be a blast.

Any advice/insight on going to Dallas or transportation to/from the stadium (i.e. need to rent a car or is public transportation like the Metro available) is appreciated.

We're driving to Dallas to tailgate with Blondie and ALL and then to watch the Skins beat up' date=' not once, but twice the Pukes~ come join us at Dallas :point2sky :cheers:[/quote']

Is it a given that there will be another huge ES tailgate in Dallas this year?

Easy. Fedexfield.

Not the answer I would of expected coming from you my friend, since you are the same one who using this same forum convinced me to go to hop on a plane and go to Seattle last year. And last we spoke, you are planning to go back to Seattle again this year. And from what I recall our welcome from our foe at Qwest Field was let's say a little less than friendly. Please 'xplain the reasoning behind your answer.:silly:

Not the answer I would of expected coming from you my friend, since you are the same one who using this same forum convinced me to go to hop on a plane and go to Seattle last year. And last we spoke, you are planning to go back to Seattle again this year. And from what I recall our welcome from our foe at Qwest Field was let's say a little less than friendly. Please 'xplain the reasoning behind your answer.:silly:

He has family in Seattle and has sucessfully organized the tailgates at Qwest for the past two games out there. I was planning on joining him this year as well, unfortunately I am out of the country for the game.

Why FedEx?? I think most people would want to be cheering for the home team and again Mark organizes a great tailgate. He makes a full day out of it, I started tailgating with him this year and agree with him. Go to FedEx for the game!

How's that Mark?? :)

ES has a FAN TAS TIC tailgate organized by Pez and Huly and many, many, others~ TLC, Honary_Hog, MontanaRed, SlackyMcSassy, etc., etc., at FedEx as well!

I RECOMMEND ALL to go to FEDEX; however, WE NEED to go to AWAY games too :point2sky So, I recommend Blondie and Tailgating and then ATTENDING the Redskins as we watch them open the 2008 with an ARSE kickin' on the PUKES:dallasuck .

Sorry Mark, I know you have a great tailgate; but I think I have a great reason to go to Dallas~ there are not that many Redskin fans at away games and our Coach and players DESERVE our attendance elsewhere~ and it "burns" me to give my money to JONES.............but I am giving my money for my SKINS:cheers:

He has family in Seattle and has sucessfully organized the tailgates at Qwest for the past two games out there. I was planning on joining him this year as well, unfortunately I am out of the country for the game.

Why FedEx?? I think most people would want to be cheering for the home team and again Mark organizes a great tailgate. He makes a full day out of it, I started tailgating with him this year and agree with him. Go to FedEx for the game!

How's that Mark?? :)

I feel I should write you a check. Sheesh. Do you do this professionally??? :)
ES has a FAN TAS TIC tailgate organized by Pez and Huly and many' date=' many, others~ TLC, Honary_Hog, MontanaRed, SlackyMcSassy, etc., etc., at FedEx as well!

I RECOMMEND ALL to go to FEDEX; however, WE NEED to go to AWAY games too :point2sky So, I recommend Blondie and Tailgating and then ATTENDING the Redskins as we watch them open the 2008 with an ARSE kickin' on the PUKES:dallasuck .

Sorry Mark, I know you have a great tailgate; but I think I have a great reason to go to Dallas~ there are not that many Redskin fans at away games and our Coach and players DESERVE our attendance elsewhere~ and it "burns" me to give my money to JONES.............but I am giving my money for my SKINS:cheers:[/quote']I can't begin to compete with the ES Pez and Huly TG, of course. I'm half tempted to pick up and go over there myself, but it took me three years just to get in with those people where we are now.

Mike - here's why I feel you should go to Fedex: The Cowboys is a big game. Obviously, you'll have more fun if we win, right? Well, the odds of us winning are greatly enhanced in we play at home. Just check history. That in itself is why you should come to Fedexfield.

But there's another reason. There's a mass euphoria that home fans achieve when the crowd is into it and the Redskins are winning. You can't get that at a visiting venue. Yes, it would be fun to be @ Dallas, but it would probably be even more fun to have Dallas at home. I'd choose both if I could, but otherwise I'd choose Fedexfield. :cheers:

Is it a given that there will be another huge ES tailgate in Dallas this year?

Uh.........................YES

Just wait for Blondie to post in August! She had a Redskin tailgate party before there was an ES Tailgate Party in Dallas, in fact~ she is the Organizer of the ES Dallas tailgate Party:D ! Last year Chief Z square off with Rowdie........Chief Z was quite the gentleman............it was on all the TV channels and on this forum!

Hope to see you at the tailgate in Dallas~ :point2sky and :dallasuck

Read this post~ not too far below this one! http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247921

Here is a novel idea: How about we beat the crap out of them in both games!!!

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Edit: Back to your question - if you can go then I would say go to Dallas - taking a long trip is fun and make new Skins friends. The only downside to that is if we lose that trip back home is going to be a very loooooooooooooonnnnggg one.

I

There's a mass euphoria that home fans achieve when the crowd is into it and the Redskins are winning. You can't get that at a visiting venue. Yes, it would be fun to be @ Dallas, but it would probably be even more fun to have Dallas at home. I'd choose both if I could, but otherwise I'd choose Fedexfield. :cheers:

TRUE. ALL TRUE! Mark, I would much rather be in the confines of the Redskin faithful~ "safer"; but this is THE last game the Skins will play in uglyville, and we need to represent our team so the pukes can't "out Hail us" :D in Dallas. But, to coin an OLD phrase from a TV movie that represented Kansas (:doh: ) "There isn't any place like HOME" :D

I have yet to make it to a Skins vs Dallas game. I know shame on me. I am planning on fixing that this year and plan to make it to at least one of the two games this year (FEDEX or Texas Stadium or both). I appreciate any advice especially from those that have been to Dallas.

I have been to several games at FEDEX, and will make it to at least one or two other games there again this year. I KNOW that FEDEX will be great, but from the pics posted last year at the Dallas tailgate Blondie hosted/organized it looked like going to represent the Skins in enemy Dallas country could also be a blast.

Any advice/insight on going to Dallas or transportation to/from the stadium (i.e. need to rent a car or is public transportation like the Metro available) is appreciated.

Well I live in Dallas and i can tell you that you will most defintely need to rent a car, Dallas is way spread out and we don't have a terrible rail system that is full of creeps and rapists. I would recommend finding a hotel in the Irving/Las Colianas area cause that is where is the stadium is.

The team stays at the Four Seasons in Las Colianas so if you stay there or at a hotel nearby then you'll get to see the team load on the bus if you're into that

If you come here be ready for the heat, it's easily in the 90's in september and that stadium sucks when it comes to air flow.

I had the time of my life at the Blondie/ES tailgate in Dallas last year. Met tons of great people, had great seats thanks to Blondie, and enjoyed the game very much-- it was a classic rivalry game-- with a bitter ending of course.

Having said that, please note how badly we've been dominated in Dallas-- ONE win since 1996. ONE- and that one was the Monday Night Miracle. They own us in that building more than any team owns any other team in the league. It is total and utter domination.

http://edkleese.blogspot.com/2007/11/volunterring-for-duty-in-hellagain.html

Thanks everybody for the feedback! More is still welcome. You guys so far pretty much confirmed what I already believed. FEDEX can't be beat for the atmosphere, especially if we are winning. The last (Redskins) game in that awful stadium in Dallas would be nice but probably not as much fun (especially if we loose). Perhaps I can find a couple good deals and make it to both games this year? I will look.

BTW, separate subject I fly in and out of DFW 2 to 4 times a month on average and often go right over the palace Jerry Jones is building. I hate it is going to belong to the Pukes, that place is going to be nice! I bet it is not long before Danny builds such a stadium as well. If I can't make it to both this year, perhaps next year would be even better, since the new place will have AC for those 90 degree days?

I had the time of my life at the Blondie/ES tailgate in Dallas last year. Met tons of great people, had great seats thanks to Blondie, and enjoyed the game very much-- it was a classic rivalry game-- with a bitter ending of course.

Having said that, please note how badly we've been dominated in Dallas-- ONE win since 1996. ONE- and that one was the Monday Night Miracle. They own us in that building more than any team owns any other team in the league. It is total and utter domination.

http://edkleese.blogspot.com/2007/11/volunterring-for-duty-in-hellagain.html

Even more than we own the Lions in DC or anywhere actually.

BTW, separate subject I fly in and out of DFW 2 to 4 times a month on average and often go right over the palace Jerry Jones is building. I hate it is going to belong to the Pukes, that place is going to be nice! I bet it is not long before Danny builds such a stadium as well. If I can't make it to both this year, perhaps next year would be even better, since the new place will have AC for those 90 degree days?

Try having to drive by it...every...single...day

Archived