Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs' Redskins, Please show some confidence...(Gibbs quotes Mod edited title).

SkinsWizCubsDukes

It has been 7 weeks since the start of the season and the Redskins are 4-2. From that record you could infer that we would be seeing the dominate run game of Clinton Portis and Ladell Betts, and the "dirtbags" would be paving the way for both of them to have superb season. However, this is not the case.

The Redskins rushing offense is average only 3.6 yards per carry as a team(24th in NFL). They simply can not seem to get anything going on the ground lately. Injuries have plagued their line all season. The only player starting on the offensive line right now who started last season is Chris Samuels, and he even had the injury bug hit him. You have to take this into account obviously for the inept run game, and offense altogether. But the bottom line is, on Sunday, you need to have a killer instinct.

How do you think the offensive line feel after the game when Joe Gibbs says that they dumbed down the playbook and tried to let the defense win the game because of injuries to the offensive line? Why not instead say "We are confident we can run any play no matter who we have in there. Our guys are tough, ready, and more than capable of doing the job." It instills confidence in the players, the coaches, and even the fans.

Joe Gibbs in a press conference said this of next weeks game, "We'll probably be the biggest underdog in the history of sports," He added, "Has anything held up against them? Do you have a game plan that will work against them? If you do, leave it here. Because I don't think anybody else has got one right now. We're going to struggle hard."

If this were any other coach, it would scream "FIRE ME!" at the top of their lungs. You simply can not say this going into a game.

The coaches have not shown confidence in their team, and it shows on the field. Not only that, Joe Gibbs has not shown confidence in himself and his offensive coaching staff. Gregg Williams has re-vamped this defense and I feel it's due to confidence in the players. Seeing the recent Portis comments, the offense knows that their coaches just don't believe in them right now, and it's time to figure out how to use all that talent in a way that will mesh. We need a rythm on offense and we need to have the mentality that no matter who is in the game or what we run the other team will not stop us.

For the rest of this year, let's get back to Redskins football. Our defense is playing lights out and I see no reason why we can't hold our own the rest of the way down the stretch.

:cheers:

It has been 7 weeks since the start of the season and the Redskins are 4-2. From that record you could infer that we would be seeing the dominate run game of Clinton Portis and Ladell Betts, and the "dirtbags" would be paving the way for both of them to have superb season. However, this is not the case.

The Redskins rushing offense is average only 3.6 yards per carry as a team(24th in NFL). They simply can not seem to get anything going on the ground lately. Injuries have plagued their line all season. The only player starting on the offensive line right now who started last season is Chris Samuels, and he even had the injury bug hit him. You have to take this into account obviously for the inept run game, and offense altogether. But the bottom line is, on Sunday, you need to have a killer instinct.

How do you think the offensive line feel after the game when Joe Gibbs says that they dumbed down the playbook and tried to let the defense win the game because of injuries to the offensive line? Why not instead say "We are confident we can run any play no matter who we have in there. Our guys are tough, ready, and more than capable of doing the job." It instills confidence in the players, the coaches, and even the fans.

Joe Gibbs in a press conference said this of next weeks game, "We'll probably be the biggest underdog in the history of sports," He added, "Has anything held up against them? Do you have a game plan that will work against them? If you do, leave it here. Because I don't think anybody else has got one right now. We're going to struggle hard."

If this were any other coach, it would scream "FIRE ME!" at the top of their lungs. You simply can not say this going into a game.

The coaches have not shown confidence in their team, and it shows on the field. Not only that, Joe Gibbs has not shown confidence in himself and his offensive coaching staff. Gregg Williams has re-vamped this defense and I feel it's due to confidence in the players. Seeing the recent Portis comments, the offense knows that their coaches just don't believe in them right now, and it's time to figure out how to use all that talent in a way that will mesh. We need a rythm on offense and we need to have the mentality that no matter who is in the game or what we run the other team will not stop us.

For the rest of this year, let's get back to Redskins football. Our defense is playing lights out and I see no reason why we can't hold our own the rest of the way down the stretch.

:cheers:

the weak spot on our defense is Carlos Rodgers. They are going to fry him all game long. Gibbs will be outcoached in the game badly. We will have to win this game on defense and special teams. Offense will do nohing against the pats. Gibbs isnt going to ge this team up to play against the pats. Greg Williams might but gibbs is not. Jason Campbell has to be alot better then we think he is this week.

the weak spot on our defense is Carlos Rodgers. They are going to fry him all game long. Gibbs will be outcoached in the game badly. We will have to win this game on defense and special teams. Offense will do nohing against the pats. Gibbs isnt going to ge this team up to play against the pats. Greg Williams might but gibbs is not. Jason Campbell has to be alot better then we think he is this week.

How much confidence do you have in the offense? I love JC and all the weapons he has but without a solid line against the Pats how do you expect to win. This is not a game to put on the defenses shoulders. The Pats are gonna score points, I dont realistically see us shutting them down completely. I think we will give their offense the biggest challenge theyve had all season but we're gonna have to put points on the board and keep the ball in our offenses hands. This is gonna be a game dependant on our O and if they cant step it up we will walk away 4-3. It will take a miracle for our line to produce the way we need it to. Call me pessemistic, a nay sayer or whatever you want but Gibbs is right, we are gonna struggle hard.

How much confidence do you have in the offense? I love JC and all the weapons he has but without a solid line against the Pats how do you expect to win. This is not a game to put on the defenses shoulders. The Pats are gonna score points, I dont realistically see us shutting them down completely. I think we will give their offense the biggest challenge theyve had all season but we're gonna have to put points on the board and keep the ball in our offenses hands. This is gonna be a game dependant on our O and if they cant step it up we will walk away 4-3. It will take a miracle for our line to produce the way we need it to. Call me pessemistic, a nay sayer or whatever you want but Gibbs is right, we are gonna struggle hard.

Gibbs doesnt expect much from his O-line that is why he doesnt get much. He expects to struggle thats why he struggles. If he gets this team fired up on offense and Greg Williams gets them fired up on defense. we will beat the pats. But gibbs cant do it like he use to aymore. he is not going to let saunders do his thing because saunders doesnt lke running the ball. He is going to try and do his thing and fail because of his stubberness.

Gibbs doesnt expect much from his O-line that is why he doesnt get much. He expects to struggle thats why he struggles. If he gets this team fired up on offense and Greg Williams gets them fired up on defense. we will beat the pats. But gibbs cant do it like he use to aymore. he is not going to let saunders do his thing because saunders doesnt lke running the ball. He is going to try and do his thing and fail because of his stubberness.

Meanwhile Bellicheck was talking up how good our defense is. Is he screaming "fire me"? It's coach speak. Everyone does it. And when facing a team as good as NE it would be stupid to act ****y.

Heres a news flash: Games are not won by talking.

As for the players... Maybe they should start catching the damn ball and holding on to it. Maybe then the coaches would have a REASON to be confident in them. What a concept. :doh:

Meanwhile Bellicheck was talking up how good our defense is. Is he screaming "fire me"? It's coach speak. Everyone does it. And when facing a team as good as NE it would be stupid to act ****y.

Heres a news flash: Games are not won by talking.

As for the players... Maybe they should start catching the damn ball and holding on to it. Maybe then the coaches would have a REASON to be confident in them. What a concept. :doh:

The only good thing I can say about this week is normally this team plays better when we're the underdogs and everyone is picking against us. We play poorly when we're heavily favored. I just really hope the coaches try to win the game with aggressive play calling and don't go ultra conservative like the Cardinal game. I'm really worried they're gonna use the same game plan from this week, which will get us killed. What we need is the Philly game plan, attack down the field to set up the running game.

The only good thing I can say about this week is normally this team plays better when we're the underdogs and everyone is picking against us. We play poorly when we're heavily favored. I just really hope the coaches try to win the game with aggressive play calling and don't go ultra conservative like the Cardinal game. I'm really worried they're gonna use the same game plan from this week, which will get us killed. What we need is the Philly game plan, attack down the field to set up the running game.

Sorry but half of your post is pure speculation and the other half is just silly. Sure the team struggles be cause he expects them to... riiiiiight. Three superbowl wins and a super successful NASCAR team and Gibbs does not know anything about winning or having a winning attitude. What have you ever won? And yeah, just give'm a good pep talk and get'em fired up and we will beat the best team in football. WOW. Now that's groundbreaking. Why hasn't anyone else thought of that?!!! :doh:

Sorry but half of your post is pure speculation and the other half is just silly. Sure the team struggles be cause he expects them to... riiiiiight. Three superbowl wins and a super successful NASCAR team and Gibbs does not know anything about winning or having a winning attitude. What have you ever won? And yeah, just give'm a good pep talk and get'em fired up and we will beat the best team in football. WOW. Now that's groundbreaking. Why hasn't anyone else thought of that?!!! :doh:

Im sure behind close door Gibbs is not singing the same tune that he did in his press conferences. I have a feeling finally they will put together an agressive gameplan this week on the offensive side of the ball. The Pats can be run on, and if we can establish that, and work the middle of the field to Cooley i feel we couled put up some points on them.

Im sure behind close door Gibbs is not singing the same tune that he did in his press conferences. I have a feeling finally they will put together an agressive gameplan this week on the offensive side of the ball. The Pats can be run on, and if we can establish that, and work the middle of the field to Cooley i feel we couled put up some points on them.

The coaches have not shown confidence in their team, and it shows on the field. Not only that, Joe Gibbs has not shown confidence in himself and his offensive coaching staff.

I agree 100%. I felt the same way after seeing his press conference. He really needs to have some confidence, or if not, at least exude confidence to his team. I do have hope that Gibbs will look deep inside himself this week (and also probably in the Bible) to find some hope for this team. He needs to.

Perhaps what he needs to do is put God on the bench this game and step up to the plate and kick some ass.

The coaches have not shown confidence in their team, and it shows on the field. Not only that, Joe Gibbs has not shown confidence in himself and his offensive coaching staff.

I agree 100%. I felt the same way after seeing his press conference. He really needs to have some confidence, or if not, at least exude confidence to his team. I do have hope that Gibbs will look deep inside himself this week (and also probably in the Bible) to find some hope for this team. He needs to.

Perhaps what he needs to do is put God on the bench this game and step up to the plate and kick some ass.

I think that all the peices are there. I beleve that the pats are geting ready to play the best D that they have seen yet this year. this is a hug game and if the D can make it the hole game without waring out we have a shot. We have the talent to make big plays at anytime. Lets go skins!!

I think that all the peices are there. I beleve that the pats are geting ready to play the best D that they have seen yet this year. this is a hug game and if the D can make it the hole game without waring out we have a shot. We have the talent to make big plays at anytime. Lets go skins!!

I have been a winner all my life in 3 different sports. Track, football, and basketball. Won a championship in all three of them. I know the importance of motivation in sports. Gibbs does not motivate this team to play fired up football. Whenever the skins play lazy the camera shows gibbs looking just as careless as the offense does. Clinton Portis even said how sorry their practice was last week. That doesnt sound like someone trying win a title to me. Cant just take whats given to you in the NFL. You have to do some taking of your own. I never said anything about him being a sorry coach in football or Nascar so there is no need to bring up his trophies. Im not going to eve argue with you about how much of that credit is due to bobby beatheard.

I have been a winner all my life in 3 different sports. Track, football, and basketball. Won a championship in all three of them. I know the importance of motivation in sports. Gibbs does not motivate this team to play fired up football. Whenever the skins play lazy the camera shows gibbs looking just as careless as the offense does. Clinton Portis even said how sorry their practice was last week. That doesnt sound like someone trying win a title to me. Cant just take whats given to you in the NFL. You have to do some taking of your own. I never said anything about him being a sorry coach in football or Nascar so there is no need to bring up his trophies. Im not going to eve argue with you about how much of that credit is due to bobby beatheard.

Archived