Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Throwback Jersey Toss Up

The Animal Trainer

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Just took my lunch break at work and I was walking around the mall looking for a pair of sunglasses when I see some Skins jerseys hanging in a sports store (a rariety down here in Nashville). So I walk in and find out that they're having a sale on authentic throwbacks, they've got Doug Williams and Joe Theisman, both in my size for only $84.99 - that's a steal. Authentics normally go for around $250 to $275. And before anyone asks, yes, it is a real authentic jersey, not replithentic or replica...they had most of their stuff in there slashed by about 30 to 50 percent. So I had to make my move...Theisman or Williams. Had to go Williams, Superbowl XXII was a work of art. Who would you have taken? I really wanted a Riggins but for that price, I'll take my Doug Williams and be happy about it. Anyone else have any good, authentic Skins throwbacks?

Cool Springs Galleria, Brentwood actually. I think the store was called, Sports Seasons...or something like that, its on the 2nd floor by the food court. I used to live in Fairfax VA...thought I was the only Skins fan down here.

Thanks. Opposite direction from my house but might be worth the drive. I grew up in Locust Grove, VA (west of Fredericksburg) and you're right, there's not many of us down here but I see a few now and then.

Toughie... I would have purchased both at that price. still cheaper than one authentic in most places. I would go Williams then Joey T though. but that's just me. I'd like to have both. along with a Riggins and a Monk..and Wilber Marshall, and Monte Coleman lol..ok I quit.

I have the Williams white jersey, but wanted the 1987 burgundy one with the patch on the sleeve. Alas, it's no longer available in my size from legit sellers and I'm hesitant to purchase jerseys from Ebay. From a collector's standpoint, I think both the white and burgundy Doug Williams are (retired) so they will not make any more, so from that point you probably made the right choice. I think Williams is more popular for several reasons, but you can't go wrong either way. Don't see many Theismann jerseys, so it would be unique. If you have a chance you should roll back and acquire Joey T's as well. His M&N jersey is still listed at regular price so that's definitely a bargain! The Theismann jersey is burgundy and there's nothing like flashing that Redskins signature burgundy! Love the earth tones, love the burgundy, love the gold...

I already have a #7 Theismann. He won a league MVP and our first Super Bowl. When I got it, I had to choose between that and a Sonny Jurgenson jersey. That was a tough decision because I like listening to Sonny on the radio. However, I had to go with Joey T because it seemed more fitting with Gibbs coaching us again. Theismann and Williams is a tough choice too, but you really can't go wrong either way.

Although this would have been a tough decision, I would have to go with Dougie as well. Superbowl XXII I remember so clear because my mom and dad took me to a Superbowl party that was near RFK and after we won the game we were driving home and people were screaming and cheering, honking horns and dancing in the streets. It was an amazing sight to see for a kid. That is why I represent the burgandy and gold for life. :cheers:

A side bar: I have a Larry Brown throwback long sleeve jersey that was sort of passed down to me, how can I tell if it is the real deal or a knock off? :(

I bought a Riggins M&N jersey at a Redskins game (in the parking lot) a couple of years ago for $45. I know its not a real M&N and is definitely a knock-off, but who cares? I wear the jersey to all of the games and if I spill something on it, or get some Cowboy fan's blood on it, It doesn't matter because I spent $45. I would really like to get a Manely jersey or a Butz jersey. Anyone know where you can get those?

Archived