Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heard at the Park - 7/30/07 - Training Camp Day 4 Quotes

Tarhog

Heard at the Park - 7/30/07 - Training Camp Day 4 Quotes

Click HERE to read today's Training Camp comments by Chris Samuels

Click HERE to read today's Training Camp comments by Coach Joe Gibbs

Click HERE to read today's Training Camp comments by Marcus Washington and Renaldo Wynn

Click HERE to read today's Training Camp comments by Clinton Portis

Click HERE to read today's Training Camp comments by Vinny Cerrato, Andre Carter, and Shawn Springs

Click HERE to read today's Training Camp comments by Coach Gregg Williams

:helmet:

Does anyone else find it interesting that they arent beating up on Landry missing time? I may be wrong but I cant remember GIBBS/WILLIAMS seeming so unconcerned about a rookie coming in late. This guy is either REALLY good....or we are HURTING at safety. I may be changing my opinion on whether Landry starts the first game of the season or not. I didnt think he would, but the coaches seem to have a lot of confidence in this kid.:logo:

It seems that Landry really impressed the coaches with how quickly he picked up the mental aspect of the D during OTA's

They really don't think its a big deal mentally that he has missed time. Landry really had to have grasped the scheme quickly for that to have happened

The physical part shouldn't be a problem. Landry is 22, and one hell of an athlete. He will be fine it sounds like

Does anyone else find it interesting that they arent beating up on Landry missing time? I may be wrong but I cant remember GIBBS/WILLIAMS seeming so unconcerned about a rookie coming in late. This guy is either REALLY good....or we are HURTING at safety. I may be changing my opinion on whether Landry starts the first game of the season or not. I didnt think he would, but the coaches seem to have a lot of confidence in this kid.:logo:

Missing a couple days of training camp is NOT uncommon. Especially for a first round pick. Everyone seems to know this except a couple people around here.

Well Gibbs did mention how he worked out really well in ALL of the O.T.A's and Rogers mentioned that they've been doing pretty much what they did in O.T.A's so he shouldn't be far behind the 8 ball.

I think a first round draft pick especially at #6 is going to take their time to sign. I think the coaches pretty much expected that and prepared for it. I mean they've been in this business a long time and I'm sure this was the first time they've had to deal with it.

Missing a couple days of training camp is NOT uncommon. Especially for a first round pick. Everyone seems to know this except a couple people around here.

I'm not sure where you are heading with this. However, most coaches all they talk about is how if a rookie misses time it will hurt him...whether its common or not or if it truly hurts them or not. I may be misinterpreting your tone. So I will leave it at that.:logo:

Archived