Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whatever happened to?

MCnDaHouse

I live in Rocky Mount, NC. So I don't get all the local coverage you guys in DC area get. Years ago our cable carried WTTG ch 5 and we got all the preseason games along with Redskins Playbook with Bernie Smilovitz, Steve Buckhantz and the Joey T lookalike Joe Fowler. They used to have the Redskins Roundtable where Sam Huff and some reporters from the local newspapers/radio would sit and discuss the team.

That was a good show, I really miss it. Does it still come on? Whatever happened to those guys? I know I saw Joe Fowler on an infomercial a while back. I thought I saw Steve Buckhantz on TV a few years ago too.

Also, after that went away. I would watch the show with Tony McGee and Rick Walker. It came on Home Team Sports. I think it was called Redskins Magazine. Our stupid cable took that channel off about 5 yrs ago. Does that show still come on?

Just a stroll down memory lane. Thought I'd see if anyone could update me on those shows/people.

MC :helmet:

The one show that's been going for a while that still exists is Redskins Report on the local NBC affiliate (Channel 4) with George Michael, Mike Wilbon, Sonny, and Riggo. It comes on in the Saturday evening before the Sunday game.

The Fox affilate has some pregame stuff on Sunday and has a postgame ahow usually with Dave Feldman (anchor) and Trevor Matich after the 10 pm newscast. Comcast SportsNet (which basically replaced HTS) has post-game stuff immediately following the game, but I have yet to watch it.

So Home Team Sports became Comcast SportsNet? Redskins Magazine was hosted by Tony McGee and I know Rick Walker was a regular on there. Charles Mann was a frequent contributor as well. It was a real low budget show.

I'm really wondering about Redskins Playbook. Does anyone remember it and what happened to it?

MC

Archived