Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just saw the movie "Kinsey"

footballhenry

I was actually very fascinated with this movie. I thought it was pretty good as far as review goes (8.3/10). But the message behind it got me thinking about sexuality and the different temtpations, aspirations, and quirks that we all have and do. This is one area where I am having a tendency to disagree with religion and many conservatives. I believe that BOTH abstinence and sex-ed (i.e. condom use, functions.etc) should be taught in schools not either one mutually exclusive. Especially since I just hear this Ultra Christian woman on tv the other day saying that only abstinence should be taught, it isn't right to not teach kids how to prepare for the future. I don't know alot about the man Kinsey but plan on doing some research on him, he sounds like a fascinating fellow. What say you guys?

If I recall correctly a lot of his research used questionable methods or sample groups and ended up being proved wrong, or at least is under serious skepticism. I haven't seen the movie, however, so I can't comment on that.

And I agree that other methods of contraception besides abstinence should be taught. High school kids will have sex with each other regardless of whether you tell them to or not. They may as well be wearing condoms.

Yeah I did a lil research on the guy and am a little skeptical now. Ive heard two sides, that its an accurate and extensive sexual report, and the other side that says it is highly skewed and unreliable. Both teaching methods should def be taught in schools though (abstinence WITH prevention).

Archived