Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs on 980 with Andy And Steve

I can't believe no one has a thread up on this. They interviewed Gibbs out at the Golf Tourney at Westview or Westfield, not sure. Apparently there's a ton of the old gang out there so you know he's having fun.

No real news but it was fun to hear from Joe in a relaxed atmosphere. He was laughing and giggling and telling stories of the old days. Great stuff.

Asked about the Fred-Ex rumor he did not deny it. He simply said what he always does. They look at these things and make a decision. In this case he said it wasn't a 'good fit'.

Asked about the Campbell pick (yet again) he said they had several people in mind for that pick and Campbell was the top player at that slot still available for them. It was a pick for the future, pure and simple. They tried to prod him about Campbell getting the nod sometime this year but he wouldn't budge from his usual dish.

Asked about Buges comments about letting 'er rip he said we will take a good many more shots downfield, among other things. Talked about the Jacobs stop on the 1 yd. line in the Minny game. Said that was emblematic of our whole year in terms of downfield. Just couldn't catch a break and make a big play and get the payoff.

Talked vividly about the Shotgun memory of the Oakland game where the 1st hike went sailing over the QB's head. Said one of the assts. (couldn't catch the name) leaned over and said "You know, we really don't look good in the Shotgun" and everyone on the show busted out laughing.

Really a good listen. Nice to hear JG just kicking back.

i also heard the interview, seems like 980 did some kissing up and the hatchett may have been buried, especially from what Andy said: "We wanna thank Joe Jacoby and Joe Gibbs, and we're looking forward to speaking to you much more in the fall"

yeah, these ****s talk much trash about everyone from the front office down to the actual players... they talk so boldly about everything that they think is wrong with the skins. sometimes i wonder whether they actually rout for them at all? now all of a sudden Gibbs shows up and they treat him like the Pope. Kissin' his ring and all. WTF, like somebody else said they are nothing but cowards.

It was a great listen, all the old stories. I sat in my car longer than I needed to just to finish listening!

Those butt-kissers made me want to :puke:

I hope those pansies had dresses on during that interview.

Archived