Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help Me Document Our QB Situation

GatorEye

I'm trying to get the facts straight on how we got from drafting Ramsey to drafting Campbell.

Please correct any inaccuracies and fill in the blanks. I'm just trying to figure this out for my own gratification.

1) Ramsey was drafted with our 2002 first round pick (#32). He then held out. The FO asked Spurrier, who gave the go ahead, to trade him to the Bears if that was their decision. What were we going to get from the Bears for Ramsey?

2). We draft Hamsandwich in the 7th round of 2003 draft.

3). Dolphins offer a 1st round (#20 overall) pick in the 2004 draft for Ramsey.

4) We sign Brunell to a $43 million deal and trade Jax our 2004 second round pick. What number pick was it?

5) We trade our 3rd round pick this year, our first and fourth round pick next year to acquire Campbell - our future starter or backup.

Thanks.

Originally posted by GatorEye

I'm trying to get the facts straight on how we got from drafting Ramsey to drafting Campbell.

Please correct any inaccuracies and fill in the blanks. I'm just trying to figure this out for my own gratification.

1) Ramsey was drafted with our 2002 first round pick (#32). He then held out. The FO asked Spurrier, who gave the go ahead, to trade him to the Bears if that was their decision. What were we going to get from the Bears for Ramsey?

2). We draft Hamsandwich in the 7th round of 2003 draft.

3). Dolphins offer a 1st round (#20 overall) pick in the 2004 draft for Ramsey.

4) We sign Brunell to a $43 million deal and trade Jax our 2004 second round pick. What number pick was it?

5) We trade our 3rd round pick this year, our first and fourth round pick next year to acquire Campbell - our future starter or backup.

Thanks.

1) Guard Mike Gandy

4) We traded our 3rd round pick for Brunell

Originally posted by SkinsHokieFan

1) Guard Mike Gandy

4) We traded our 3rd round pick for Brunell

4) True, but then it cost us this year's nd to get that 3rd back to draft Cooley.

I would also add to the history that Ramsey has never had a full season as a starter, or a decent chance to succeed.

Gibbs has always believed in stockpiling QBs. The problem is that you have paid an arm and a leg to get them.

I myself respect Ramsey - I think he has ability and toughness. But eventually, with all that has been paid to get these guys, you hope one pans out....

Archived