Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

25th pick for Woodson rumor

demarc007

Originally posted by skinzfan4life

I wouldnt trade the 25th for woodson, rdskbill, hsa the best reason for it. But even beyond that clements is younger, and has played in all 16 games for four years. So if you trade for a CB it should be him...

Nate Clements is ok. I was never really impressed with him. He's good but I was never impressed. Clements reminds me of a Sam Madison. They play physical but can get burned easily. Woodson when healthy doesn't get burned. But Clements is younger by a couple of years, so I get your point. But Springs is up there so should we get a replacement for him as well?

Originally posted by Waleo32

Woodson is better than Smoot. Bring on Woodson!!! People need to stop comparing the two. If Woodson was here like 3 years ago would be calling Woodson the best corner. But since he wasn't a skin and Smoot was a skin, people have this "opinion" that smoot was that good. Smoot was OK, his mouth was great.

I'm not saying Smoot is Deion reincarnated. If anything, I thought that losing Smoot wasn't exactly going to make me lose sleep at night. There's just no way we'll give up a first-round pic and a long-term contract to a 29 year-old player. That's all.

Nick

Nate Clements is ok. I was never really impressed with him. He's good but I was never impressed. Clements reminds me of a Sam Madison. They play physical but can get burned easily. Woodson when healthy doesn't get burned. But Clements is younger by a couple of years, so I get your point. But Springs is up there so should we get a replacement for him as well?

The problem with woodson is that when healthy...because we already have two CB's that when healthy are pretty good, and springs when healthy is very good. So toi think clements would have more value, and i dont think he is trying to get paid like woodson..not yet at least, and woodson's agents dont know what they are doing.

Originally posted by Die Hard

Hey, for Abraham... I'm on that bandwagon :)

Renewed hope. I thought all possibilities for him were dead :)

Not me, man. The guy is not in the game enough and I have real questions about his heart. You play in playoff games, period. He let his team down. We don't need that sort of prima donna here.

Originally posted by ntotoro

I'm not saying Smoot is Deion reincarnated. If anything, I thought that losing Smoot wasn't exactly going to make me lose sleep at night. There's just no way we'll give up a first-round pic and a long-term contract to a 29 year-old player. That's all.

Nick

And smoot was a better "guy" as a whole on the team. He played with heart and an urgency that woodson doesnt seem to play with...maybe its his situation, but we dont need a guy like that here.

No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no No no no no no no no no no no no

Originally posted by ntotoro

Nick

I feel you. But this draft isn't stock with playmakers and superstars. The 25 pick might be a bust it depends who's out there. If the redskins could trade up and get a great WR, and sign Woodson I say go get it. Because CB from clemson ain't better than Woodson, Washington NB ain't better than Woodson, Webster or Jackson ain't better than Woodson.

And smoot was a better "guy" as a whole on the team. He played with heart and an urgency that woodson doesnt seem to play with...maybe its his situation, but we dont need a guy like that here.

So you don't want Sean Taylor either? I love Taylor but he has that kind of swagger as well. This "guy" thing is killing me. Let me compare it to Basketball. Vince Carter didn't like it in Toronto, he hated coming to work, so his play suffered. In the beginning of his career in Toronto he was a stud. He was hungry and he loved the organization, but when they did things that he didn't like or didn't understand he started to dislike the organization. Look at Vince Carter now do you think Jersey is saying well we don't want that "guy" playing for us. Woodson hates Oak, thats it. If someone doesn't like it where they are there play suffers. I think NFL teams no the situation and they're not holding that against Woodson's play.

So you don't want Sean Taylor either? I love Taylor but he has that kind of swagger as well. This "guy" thing is killing me. Let me compare it to Basketball. Vince Carter didn't like it in Toronto, he hated coming to work, so his play suffered. In the beginning of his career in Toronto he was a stud. He was hungry and he loved the organization, but when they did things that he didn't like or didn't understand he started to dislike the organization. Look at Vince Carter now do you think Jersey is saying well we don't want that "guy" playing for us. Woodson hates Oak, thats it. If someone doesn't like it where they are there play suffers. I think NFL teams no the situation and they're not holding that against Woodson's play.

I do want sean, but im sure if there was any idea that this season with him would have occured as it did, im pretty sure he wouldnt be in B&G...

IF woodson needs a change of teams to succeed thats great, go someplace else then, i dont want another, for a total of 3, injury plagued CB's running around in my defensive backfield. Especially one with bad agents who is going to want to get a lot of money...which at this point should be tied to health.

I do want sean, but im sure if there was any idea that this season with him would have occured as it did, im pretty sure he wouldnt be in B&G...

IF woodson needs a change of teams to succeed thats great, go someplace else then, i dont want another, for a total of 3, injury plagued CB's running around in my defensive backfield. Especially one with bad agents who is going to want to get a lot of money...which at this point should be tied to health.

I see what where you coming from. But he has the same injured that plague Springs, but we love Springs. "Turf Toe"

I see what where you coming from. But he has the same injured that plague Springs, but we love Springs. "Turf Toe"

To a point yes, but everyone will prob agree in saying we need sdomeone younger to learn and get ready for when springs is out. In addition i was worried all season about him getting hurt. We dont need a 2nd guy like that.

Archived