Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peter King Mock Draft

EvoSkins

Originally posted by Griff

Your not the only one, I am not in love with anyone in this draft, I would take that deal with the Raiders for Buchanon and the 38th pick and take Matt Jones.

or, I like this much better

Trade with Buffalo who also doesn't have a 1st round pick, so take Nate Clements who knows GW's scheme and is proven, and their 2nd round pick which is 55th overall and take Matt Jones with that pick, that way you get a seasoned vet at DB and you also get a nice project at WR, a 6’6 242 4.4 40 type project.

Seriously, forget about Matt Jones. He is WAAAAAYYYY too risky of a pick and we don't even need WRs as much as other positions. Yes he is athletic and might pan out but how much experience does he have at WR? How much at TE?

If we get another pick in some trade scenario and we pick a CB first then we had better be focusing on O line depth, a pass rushing DE, and a MLB with our next few picks.

Grabbing a WR in the 5th or 6th round would make sense as there should be some quality prospects left on the board such as Roby out of Indiana.

Originally posted by fpickering

Seriously, forget about Matt Jones. He is WAAAAAYYYY too risky of a pick and we don't even need WRs as much as other positions. Yes he is athletic and might pan out but how much experience does he have at WR? How much at TE?

If we get another pick in some trade scenario and we pick a CB first then we had better be focusing on O line depth, a pass rushing DE, and a MLB with our next few picks.

Grabbing a WR in the 5th or 6th round would make sense as there should be some quality prospects left on the board such as Roby out of Indiana.

I will tell you I am not sold on Matt Jones, but Joe Gibbs is high on this kid.

http://www.footballproject.com/story.php?storyid=362

Oakland cornerback Philip Buchanon is the lucky winner of the Weekly Putz after his performance against the Chiefs. Sure, the Raiders season has been over for a long time now, but Oakland still has some pride I think. They wanted to win this game and very easily could have if not for Buchanon screwing up twice late in the game. With the Chiefs leading 24-21 and about four minutes left in the game, they had to punt the ball away. Buchanon fielded the ball at his own 47 yardline and made a beautiful return to the Kansas City 26 yardline. The Raiders had gotten a great return just when they needed it and were only 26 yards away from taking the lead in a hard fought game.

Sadly, though, Phil Buchanon is a putz. Instead of flashing his machismo in a strut to the sidelines, Buchanon ripped his helmet off, ran into the endzone, and began yelling at the Kansas City fans. Immediately the flag came out and the Raiders were stung with a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Instead of having the ball on the KC 26 yardline, the Oakland offense had to start from the KC 41 yardline instead..and were now out of field goal range. The Raiders could only move the ball 18 yards and had to kick the game-tying field goal with 2:22 remaining in the game. Okay, Buchanon was dumb but his offense only managed 18 yards which would not have gotten them in the endzone even from the 26 yardline...maybe we should just let it go...

Or not. Apparently not satisfied with costing his team 15 yards moments before, Buchanon essentially handed Kansas City 16 yards on their next drive. The Chiefs had gotten themselves to the Oakland 33 yardline, but it was 4th and 14. There is no way their kicker, 43-year old Morten Anderson, could make that long a field goal, so they had no choice but to go for it. It looked like overtime was coming until Buchanon decided to play soft coverage on Marc Boerigter. I swear Trent Green's face registered shock when he saw (1 )Boerigter open and (2) beyond the first down marker. Flick of the wrist from Green, easy catch for Boerigter and the Chiefs had the ball on the Oakland 17 yardline with 19 seconds left and an easy field for Anderson. Game over.

The helmet coming off was stupid, obviously. Last season in the first game of the year against Cleveland, linebacker Dwayne Rudd tore his helmet off late in the game after an apparent sack on Trent Green. Flags flew, Chiefs got free yardage, Anderson kicked a game winning field goal. You would think against the Chiefs you might remember that Keep Your Damned Helmet On rule, but Buchanon does not do a lot of thinking it seems.

However, how he falls into a soft coverage pattern on a 4th and 14 that lets the receiver get two yards beyond the marker is pathetic, not just stupid. That is a benching offense in my mind. Buchanon did not trip or slip or fall or anything - he just blew what should have been easy coverage. Think about it, if he stops Boerigter short of the first down, the ball is Oakland's and they have a few shots to get downfield themselves for their own game winning field goal. At the very least, it sends the game to overtime. The Chiefs dominated this game in the first quarter, but the Raiders were kicking butt in the second half. In overtime Kansas City might have still won, sure. But thanks to Philip Buchanon, Oakland never got a chance to stop that from happening.

Archived