Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This team needs to put together a winning season

dfbovey

It would be a cure all for all the drama.

Free agents leaving and badmouthing the team, players demanding trades... current players complaining about their contracts.... all of it would go away to a certain degree if this team can manage a 9-7 season or better this season.

If they can't, Gibbs will have his hands full trying to keep the ship afloat.

I still think that there are alot more players on this team that buy into this coaching staff than there are one's who are disgruntled. At least at the moment... but I worry that another losing season would shift that in the other direction.

Just hoping and praying that this team pulls together.

There's a lot of truth to the fact that winning cures all evils. Players that win ballgames are more likely to be happy and less likely to gripe.

However, it's also true that winning masks many evils. When you're winning, you tend to ignore the bad stuff, or at least have a higher tolerance for it.

Originally posted by TheDane

There's a lot of truth to the fact that winning cures all evils. Players that win ballgames are more likely to be happy and less likely to gripe.

However, it's also true that winning masks many evils. When you're winning, you tend to ignore the bad stuff, or at least have a higher tolerance for it.

Most definately. I'm just worried that if the team doesn't put in their first winning season since 1999, that they may plummet further into the losing mentality and become the culture of the team. And when I say losing culture, I mean on the level of the Bengals and Cardinals.

I have faith in Gibbs, but if he fails at turning this team around, that's a scary situation.

Remember that Gibbs has been put in a difficult spot with a few inherited contracts, but, we're on the right path. That's plain to see. Results will come next, I'm sure of it. Whether this season or the next, although I have confidence for this season.

One thing is for sure, we NEED to show improvement this next season, in order to maintain faith in the staff and shake loose the losing culture. And I am certain we will do so.

On the contract matter, I wonder what we would look like if LaVar's extension hadn't been signed on December 26, 2003, less than a month before Gibbs' return.

Originally posted by dfbovey

It would be a cure all for all the drama.

Free agents leaving and badmouthing the team, players demanding trades... current players complaining about their contracts.... all of it would go away to a certain degree if this team can manage a 9-7 season or better this season.

If they can't, Gibbs will have his hands full trying to keep the ship afloat.

I still think that there are alot more players on this team that buy into this coaching staff than there are one's who are disgruntled. At least at the moment... but I worry that another losing season would shift that in the other direction.

Just hoping and praying that this team pulls together.

State the obvious much????:D

suidog3hh.jpg

Originally posted by roqnap1

jrfriedm has 5607 posts...

Island Boy has 2124 posts...

I seriously doubt they were all gems...

Dude's just trying to speak out his thoughts during a slow point in the offseason. Back off him.

OK first off look at my post I quoted dfbovey who has 1,000 or so posts not jrfiedman. Second I am just venting and frustrated with all thestating the obvious and negative posts. I dont post much in Fed Ex because of it and when I do I tell how I feel.

Tough crowd, I think it's hilarious that people feel the need to respond to what they consider a useless thread, with utterly (no pun intended to the tits on a bull pic) useless posts.

If it's useless, don't respond and let it fade into oblivion rather than sadly padding your post counts.

Archived