Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ot: Irbe Schools Leafs On "d"

Brave

The Hurricanes beat Toronto 3-0 to take a 3-1 lead in the Eastern Conference finals! That's the good news! The better news is that I got tix for Saturday night's Game 5.

The best news? If they make the finals I'll have access to tickets for the home games then, too. :cheers:

Irbe was magnificent last night between the posts as the Hurricanes go up 3 games to 1, with a 3-0 win over the Leafs. Carolina's overall defense was pure textbook for most of the game. The Leafs grew more frustrated as time progressed in the first half, having blown four opportunities at power plays, while down only one goal. Carolina scored two more goals in the third (Kapanen & Francis) to seal the victory. There were no injuries or fights to speak of. THINK ANYBODY IS STARTIN' TO NOTICE YET? GO CANES GO!!!!!!! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Here is a team that didnt clinch a playoff spot til almost the last day of the regular season one winnow away from the finals.

They were called an embarrassment and what will be really funny is if they actually stretch the finals to 6 to 7 games.

I'd really love to see them win it all to spoil the experts assumption that its a Redwings Cup.

I am pulling for Carolina in the Eastern Conference Finals, it would be cool to see a team from the Southeast Division go the Stanley Cup Finals being that you always hear about how weak the Southeast Division is.

Archived