Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

spurrier is great

bsmsss

i recommend todays usa article on spurrier

this guy is classic

his quote when told of auburns lockeroom catching on fire several yrs back inwhich 20 players text books were burned--he stated " heck to think 15 werent finished coloring in them yet"--lol lol--

this guy is going to be great--his press confernces wont be turner like-"we competed well"-we played hard"-we made to many mistake"-im pround of our players they competed out there'-

mondays will be fun as will post game conferences-

Man its gonna be interesting if we pitch a shutout o defense and run the score up then the press wants to know the reasoning behind it.

Teams will hae to ply hard to keep from being a moday evening quote/sound bite on George and Sonny's sports segment

I think the running up the score issue will be interesting because now he has a legitimate reason for doing it. Total points decide the pecking order for the playoffs.

What's more important than that?

Originally posted by Zuskin

I think the running up the score issue will be interesting because now he has a legitimate reason for doing it. Total points decide the pecking order for the playoffs.

What's more important than that?

Total points haven't come into play to decide a playoff spot in quite a while, 1980 to be exact. The NFL got rid of best net points in head to head matchups to break division ties in the early '70's and moved any point criteria for deciding playoff spots below record vs. common opponents in the early '80's. That move made the possibility of making the playoffs by running up the score on a opponent remote.

I do have a bit of a problem with running up the score in college ball when the talent levels on the teams can be so great. But in the pros, where it's a level playing field, go ahead. Pound them into the ground and worry about retaliation later. Just don't say that you did it because it would give you an advantage in the playoff chase

I've heard this "running up the score" crap for years and IMO it's stupid. You've got 60 minutes to play and that doesn't mean shut down in the third quarter just because we're up by 30-40 points. Steve doesn't play like that. Every kid at Florida got a shot at playing if we were up by alot and they deserved to play. You don't go thru camp/practice etc just to sit on the bench when we are winning by alot.

He!! I remember beating somebody like 80 to 6 a few years ago and we wanted MORE TD's. We got used to scoring huge numbers and if we didn't, on any given Saturday, it was sort of a let down. Just got spoiled by SOS...things could have been worse. ;)

Archived