Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Pain, O The Pain..............

skinsfan44

.......Let me tell you something boys, what I am about to tell you I would not wish on my worst eneime(well, maybe Jerry Jones and a few cowboy fans). Monday night(5/20) I was sleeping when I wake up to the most pain I ever felt in my life. It was coming from my left side of my lower back and it felt like I had a knife stuck in me. My wife came into the bedroom and asked what was wrong and I said I have got this pain coming from my kidney area. She said that it might be a kidney stone and called the doctor. They told my wife to take me down to the Kensington, Maryland office of Kaiser Permanente(my HMO).

That trip from my house(in Mt. Airy) takes around an hour but my wife got us there in about 35min(this was of coause at 10:30 to 11:00pm and my wife drives a Grand Am GT). They toke me in right away and after some tests and lots of pain killers they said that I have a kidney stone. The doctor said that this is about as close a man will get to know what pain you would feel a woman has at child birth. Thank God I am not a woman or I would get my tubes tied. :laugh:

Now, all I can do is sit here at home, drink lots of water, take my Percocets and Cipro and wait for it to be flushed out thru you know what. The doc said it could take 1 to 4 days before I get rid of it. This is one h#!! of away to get a few days off from work.

Well, I passed the stone last night(5/23). It was about half the size of an eraser on a #2 pencil. Man, I am glad that thing is out of me. Now I am just soar from it moving from my kidney to my blader. Thank God, it did not hurt coming out. Guys, all I can say to y'all is drink MORE WATER. I drink some water but over time it wasn't enough to keep this from happening to me.

So, for now on it's less soda and more water. I guess you notice that I didn't say less BEER and more water. I guess without my BEER, I would have to do something like this:shootinth .

OrangeSkin, ice cream is a dairy product that I also enjoy, so be careful. And yes, kidney stones do suck.

So, for my Memorial Day weekend, instead of going fishing and camping, I will be home, trying to get well so I can go back to work on tuesday.:mad:

Archived