Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Am I Feeling Like Gibbs Is The Gene Hackman Character In "Hoosiers"??..lol

I keep having visuals of that movie...

Gene Hackman's coach Dale walking into an undisciplined group of players and making them work as a team...kicking one of the players out of practice (Sean Taylor??..lol) to make a point...dealing with the citizens of the small town (extremeskins.com??..lol) who all swear they know exactly what the coach needs to do in order to win...Hackman giving the "pass 5 times before shooting" order, only to have an immature, impatient player ignore it during a game thinking it's all b.s. and he knows better (Coles??..lol), and Hackman benching the player when he does (or in this case, trading him to another team)...the pep squad scene where the basketball team is announced, and the entire school starts chanting the name "Jimmy" ("Smoooot"??..lol) over and over cuz they want him to play and he's not on the team...hearing Hackman angrily silence the crowd, point to the players and say "THIS...is your team!! They deserve your respect and appreciation"...and on and on...lol

I need a drink...:doh:

Originally posted by Califan007

I keep having visuals of that movie...

Gene Hackman's coach Dale walking into an undisciplined group of players and making them work as a team...kicking one of the players out of practice (Sean Taylor??..lol) to make a point...dealing with the citizens of the small town (extremeskins.com??..lol) who all swear they know exactly what the coach needs to do in order to win...Hackman giving the "pass 5 times before shooting" order, only to have an immature, impatient player ignore it during a game thinking it's all b.s. and he knows better (Coles??..lol), and Hackman benching the player when he does (or in this case, trading him to another team)...the pep squad scene where the basketball team is announced, and the entire school starts chanting the name "Jimmy" ("Smoooot"??..lol) over and over cuz they want him to play and he's not on the team...hearing Hackman angrily silence the crowd, point to the players and say "THIS...is your team!! They deserve your respect and appreciation"...and on and on...lol

I need a drink...:doh:

Great post, Gibbs will turn it around.

Archived