Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harris Poll says 47% Still think Saddam helped plan 9-11

chomerics

This is a great example of how propaganda can manipulate a society. THere are still 47% of Americans who think Hussen was behind 9-11 (Mad Mike I guess you're not alone) :)

More surprising perhaps are the large numbers (albeit not majorities) who believe the following claims not made by the president and which virtually no experts believe to be true:

* 47 percent believe that Saddam Hussein helped plan and support the hijackers who attacked the U.S. on September 11, 2001 (up six percentage points from November).

* 44 percent actually believe that several of the hijackers who attacked the U.S. on September 11 were Iraqis (up significantly from 37% in November).

* 36 percent believe that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction when the U.S. invaded (down slightly from 38% in November).

Another interesting finding is that only 46 percent believe that Saddam Hussein was prevented from developing weapons of mass destruction by the U.N. weapons inspectors, a fact which most reports now support.

THis is so completely sad. The day after 9-11, there was the nationalities listed of the attackers, none were Iraqi's, yet 44% of Americans think this is true.

And people say Fox news in not propaganda :doh:

source

psst 47% of the people think there are 52 states.

47% of the people couldnt name the President of France or Germany.

Everythime they go out and ask a question of the "American People" I always imagine the person they always seem to find on the local news...

Its like watching cops and saying see what America is about...

Originally posted by Thiebear

psst 47% of the people think there are 52 states.

47% of the people couldnt name the President of France or Germany.

Everythime they go out and ask a question of the "American People" I always imagine the person they always seem to find on the local news...

Its like watching cops and saying see what America is about...

Umm theres something called a representative sample- look it up

Many people in my Political sci class could not name the president of Germany, Mexico or France and I was definatley OVER 47% ( more like 85%

is this like the exit-Poll during the election that was sooo wrong?

or was this like many other polls that are just slightly wrong?

I'm not disputing what people think or that its not close...

But again its a broad generalization based on a question that if you asked them in detail you might get a different answer...

Thiebear, you can't tell the difference between a scientific poll and a website that, well, I'm not even sure what that website is.

Harris is a polling company that employs statisticians.....

Also, your cited poll seems to be of non americans, so why are the number of states as viewed by non ameircans a good indication of whatever it is we're talking about here?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that the amount of states that USA has is ...?

50 (61%)

52 (15%)

51 (11%)

more than 60 (3%)

56 (1%)

53 (1%)

46 (1%)

54 (1%)

Self Sampling Bias from a unscientific Poll- for all those who have FORGOTTEN basic stats

Originally posted by Ignatius J.

Thiebear, how about you find a poll that says that? You do realize that these guys at least attempt to find representativ samples, unlike say, watching cops?

Representative samples of what?

I love how Fox is blamed for all of this, and yet but far fewer than those numbers are regular or even part-time viewers. Otherwise, 44% would represent over 100M people who were Fox watchers.

Your basing it on this?

Saddam Hussein helped plan and support the hijackers who attacked the U.S. on September 11, 2001.

So anyone that thinks that allowing a hijacker go through his country = support? Or paying the families = support?

I don't believe Saddam "planned" any of it.. he was just an enabler.... yet i'd be pressed not to say yes...

One question does not make 47%.. it makes a broad generalization...

Originally posted by redman

Representative samples of what?

I love how Fox is blamed for all of this, and yet but far fewer than those numbers are regular or even part-time viewers. Otherwise, 44% would represent over 100M people who were Fox watchers.

Of people who have basic cable but I know many who dont- Population does not include everybody if you are talking of pay cable ratings

Am I just being dumb or am I correct in stating that there isnt one single item referenced so far to back up anyones claims here that FOX news is saying that Sadaam was involved in the planning of 9/11?

Are you guys just OK with making crap up as you go along because you don't watch a particular channel?

Originally posted by DarkLadyRaven

We are doing the bulk of the work- They are just tag alongs

Again the question asked it correct or it isnt... I'd consider that question incorrect...

The way a question is asked helps the numbers one way or the other... I'd speculate the above question lowers the number slightly than if you said "The Coalition".

skin,

I'm looking for the study right now that was on extreme a couple of months ago.

The study asked people what thier major media source was and found that those who listed FOX news as thier major media source were the most likely to believe in erroneous statements like:

"The US has found evidence of WMD's in Iraq"

or

"Saddam was behind 9-11"

Archived