Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are the Ramifications of the Moss trade (Across the NFL)?

Dead Money

I've been thinking about how one player like our Coles or Minny's Moss can have earth shattering changes across the entire league.

The first obvious change is to the mock drafts out there. Its all over the place now that Minny needs a WR AND Defensive player. So the top 20 just got all mixed up - pretty big right?

Next, its the perception of need from other teams in the AFC West. All of the sudden a top notch CB is going to be a need for KC (like it wasn't before right?) Well the broncos got their alleged shut down corner so that doesn't really change them but what about SD? I would honestly be shizzling in my pants if I was the Denver DC right now, after what Porter lone did to Champ last year can you imagine how fun it will be to watch this year?

Then there's Washington and every other team that was interested in Williams, Edwards or Williamson. All of the sudden Williamson will probably climb the board a little in anticipation of the vikes going for a WR with the #7.

Can anybody else think of any other effect this one trade has had on the league, I am sure that I have missed several?

Yea, everyone's mock draft just got hosed:laugh:

I think you about covered it.

The one thing I will comment on is that Raider oline. They may need help there, so teams may not necessarily "need" a shut down corner. Can accomplish the same thing with a solid pass rush. Either way teams will be looking to beef up pass rush and secondaries to account for Moss. The entire game plan against the Raiders just changed:D

Originally posted by illone

Yea, everyone's mock draft just got hosed:laugh:

Mock drafts... the most useless football function ever.

Didn't see a single mock draft anticipate the Raiders picking up Moss and the Vikings giving up Moss.

Funny, I thought all 3,045,303,203 mock draft experts had a pretty good idea of what teams were going to do in January.

Archived