Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you could go back to any moment in history, where would you go?

Yomar

If I could alter events, Id go back to 1980 and stop Mark Chapman from murdering John Lennon. I would stop any political assassinations or the such, changing that would seriously alter history. But stopping Chapman wouldn't hurt any future events, but would provide us with some great music.

To witness, woodstock, Dday, battle of the bulge, moonwalk (not Michael Jacksons), storming of the Bastille, wright brothers, the crusades, Goldrush, way too many to come up with

As for the theory of time travel. It would be impossible to travel BACK in time, since any travel would require a portal to pass thru. Therefor the first date that we could travel "back" to, will be the day the portal is invented. But think about how cool it would be to work on it and wonder if it could work when "BAM" someone from the future comes walting through.

New Year's Eve 1987 Fairfax, VA, under the bridge at Ox Road and the train tracks. My senior year in high school. Me and my buds drained a few bottles of hard stuff that night. We smoked some cheap cigars, and talked about life, the universe, and, of course, hot chicks. I wouldn't mind a chance to go back there and say hi to The Guys. :)

Other than that, sit in on a few debates of the Second Continental Congress in 1775, follow Lewis and Clark across the Louisiana Territory in 1803 and then sail a British Ship of the Line, discuss military tactics with Winfield Scott during the assault on Mexico City in 1848, Or Lee and Longstreet at Gettysburg in 1863. I'd like to hear Churchill talk some serious trash about the Nazi's in Britian in 1940, watch the 116th storm Omaha on, June 6th, 1944 ...

That's it off the top of my head. I'm sure I could come up with more.

Originally posted by escholz

I would go back 20 years and invest a whole bunch of money in Microsoft.

You read my mind... or maybe I read yours before I got to your post?

I would go back to when 1985 and tell my dad goodbye and that I loved him before he died. I doubt he would have heeded my pleas.

I would move on to 1989 when I graduated and get my degree in computer science...

Work and save, buying very little, and invest in Yahoo stock when it came out. Sell it for a massive profit, invest it in a high rate of return investment... come back to today and live in luxury.

Or maybe I wouldn't?

Peace

Archived