Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offseason Champions Again?

Hogwash

The question that begs to be answered is "What will Mr. Snyder and the his minions do to make headlines this offseason.

It seems like every offseason since he bought the Skins, Mr. Snyder has mangaged to do two things. One, manage to sign a few big name players or coaches, and two make every Skins fan have wet dreams about how great the team will be this year.

With 2 big name Redskins potentially out the door for 2005, Rod Gardner and Fret Smoot, will Mr. Snyder pursue any big names to fill thier slots?

I've heard rumors that we may seek a trade for Randy Moss, and it seems that many posters here think that Mike Williams is a likely snag in the draft. Others seem to think that Pac-man Jones or Antrell Rolle will join the skins via the 9th selection.

Lets hear it...

We'll it has already been adressed that Gibbs won't go after Moss. He doesn't like Burress or Muhammad because their looking for a payday. I think if we make moves, they will be "blue collar" hard working individuals. I don't think we'll make that big of a splash this off season.

We better take steps this offseason to see to it that we don't have to unload 20 million dollars worth of cap space next offseason(we're at 107 mil w/ the cap in the 80's). A good start would be to trade or cut Samuels. It would give us some more room this year and take 11 mil. off the books for next. I was kinda hoping we would of cut Wynn and try re-signing him for alot less b/c he's like the 3rd highest paid player on the team.

Originally posted by rdavis2005

We better take steps this offseason to see to it that we don't have to unload 20 million dollars worth of cap space next offseason(we're at 107 mil w/ the cap in the 80's). A good start would be to trade or cut Samuels. It would give us some more room this year and take 11 mil. off the books for next. I was kinda hoping we would of cut Wynn and try re-signing him for alot less b/c he's like the 3rd highest paid player on the team.

Wynn has restructured already....adn samuels and the skins are currently negotiating on a restructure....from what i have read Ramsey and Jansen have restructured for the year. So hopefullt this wont be a problem.

Originally posted by Hogwash

.........make every Skins fan have wet dreams about how great the team will be this year.

Your tone suggests that this makes you unhappy? I love the fact that we have a hard working, dedicated owner who wants to win! Bring on the wet dreams Danny!!!!

Originally posted by rdavis2005

You do realize that if we cut Samules he would cost 14.853 million don't you? :doh:

I don't think that we will be "offseason Champs" this time, but I do think that we will make some good smart moves and we will be in the running for the post season Champs. :appaulse:

Originally posted by jrfriedm

You do realize that if we cut Samules he would cost 14.853 million don't you? :doh:

What are you talking about? We save and gain 5 Mil in cap room if we cut Samuels.

As far as Offseason Champs go, I don't think we will be this year. We don't have as much room as we've had in years past, and plus Gibbs has said he wants to keep the guys we got now.

Archived